GFC V2 YouTube thread

I saw this video on YouTube yesterday and thought it would be cool to get a thread going on GFC-related videos. (Updated: V2 videos to keep things current)

Shout out to whoever made this. Well done.

If y’all find any cool GFC videos, post them below.

6 Likes

Haha more people should do the “MTV Cribs Style” walkthroughs

1 Like

The first video you posted, the owner is on this forum. I don’t recall his user name, but he is on here. I stayed at that same Airbnb as him and that place is a gem! Highly recommend, the views are killer!

2 Likes

Pro skier Cody Townsend has a GFC.

3 Likes

Pretty cool I’ll be following this one.

I started this thread a while ago but it faded

3 Likes

I saw this V2 install and road trip

1 Like

Dang! Nice work.

I’ll change this one to V2.

For those that ski the backcountry, Cody’s Fifty Project is good viewing on youtube.

5 Likes

more than good viewing. Cody is a stud skier and a great human

1 Like

Hi all. That first video on this thread is me. It’s under my overland name of prospect_overland for IG and prospect overland (no underscore) for YouTube.

3 Likes

So glad you found and shared that Cody video. I plan on using my GFC primarily for ski bum trips, but finding videos of posts from people that are focusing their builds on winter camping are pretty much non-existent. So, seeing Cody has been using a GFC makes me so stoked! (He recently upgraded to an adventure van that is pretty sick too!)

Here is a new video I just posted talking about my V2. Let me know if you have any questions.

12 Likes

Nice review and awesome looking truck!

1 Like

Thanks appreciate it!

Great video. I’m thinking about getting the same ladder. What are you planning to change about the mounting bracket for the ladder?

1 Like

Thanks!

It needs to have two bolts per bracket. I am only using one at the moment and it mounts to only one of the t slot tracks. It has rotated some and vibrated loose with only one point of contact. If I spread the mount out over two tracks with two bolts it should be good to go.

1 Like

Terrific video. I have a standard cab Tundra and am picking it up in a couple weeks. Your video has me jacked! A bit “off topic” from the GFC specifically but what tire/wheel combo is that and which Axia brackets are you running off of the beef bar to mount your maxtrax?

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m running method NV in 18inch. I think with a 25mm backspacing. Would have to double check that if you want to know. Then 35x12.50 BFG KM3.

I ended up drilling out two of the holes in axia mount just slightly bigger to fit the GFC stud for the beef bars. Then bolted the bracket directly to the beef bars. Here is the link for the brackets

https://axiaalloys.com/product/pair-of-maxtrax-traction-board-mounts/

1 Like

This is the video that sold me!

2 Likes