Gouge Fix

Does anyone recommend a decent way to fix a gouge on a panel? While installing the awning, it slipped and left a decent size gouge in the panel.

Not a lot you can do outside of re-powdercoat the panel unfortunately. Sometimes a sharpie can hide it a little bit.

i’d do something more than sharpie like auto paint touch up pen. once the seal is broken corrosion will get under the powdercoat.

2 Likes

I would turn it into a lightning bolt! :zap: Put one on the other side too, and it would look meant to be.

2 Likes

Wabi sabi

1 Like

Leitner Designs has a powder coat touch up spray on their website. Not sure the exact consistency, but when I had their rack it seemed similar to the panel finish. I’d test it on something before spraying the panel, but I think it’d be a decent fix for a low price.

It’s made my Cardinal, who offers multiple different powder coat spray paints. Here is the color chart. Maybe @Thayne can chime in with which one would be closest. Would be good information for everyone to have.

1 Like

Ryan,
Thanks for posting this! It is unfortunate that blemishes like this happens, but it is part of being outdoors and exploring. The information you have posted of this product (cardinal) will help us fix these blemishes. Hopefully GFC can help narrow down the correct color (shade).
Cheers

1 Like

Clean the burrs off of it. Time for a wrap!

My V2 GFC looks like BK01 (very common black powder coat) and from my GFC order I saw Panel Color: Black (C241-BK01)

FYI, there are spray paints to match specific powdercoats and also paint pens. I am not recommending the attached paint because I’ve never used it, but it’s pretty easy to find, your local powder coat shop may even have it. I don’t know how to fix a gouge but having the exact color match paint can’t hurt :wink:

1 Like

Hey @GFCTundra - Sorry to hear about the gouge! The paint that @Vice_Chief shared above is what we would also suggest for touch-up, but If you do have a local shop that offers powder, it might worth stopping in to get hands-on with a professional before you snag some.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks everyone. Although the lighting bolt would look super cool, I might try to paint first. FYI, for anyone looking for touch up, the LVP site offers the C241-BK01 in a pen as well as spray. Going to try the pen first to see how that works and will report back.

1 Like