Headliner thoughts

I’m sick of the rain forest inside the tent. I found this stuff and my thoughts is if it works for boat hulls why not a camper? what kind of glue? 2 yards is $64 plus $34 shipping

thoughts please

3 Likes

the headliner stuff seems like it was designed for lining a ceiling where velcro wasn’t. and yes I’m jealous of all the velcro. how has the glue held up?

what kind of glue on the second try?

found it half the price and cheaper shipping

Following this. Let me know how this fairs @blackhearse

1 Like

So on sunday I got drunk and bought the stuff from DLT upholstery and have been waiting for shipping confirmation and nothing. look out on the porch and it’s sitting there covered in snow.

This stuff is thick and seems like it would insulate well. only one way to find out if it keeps the condensation from forming to begin with… now I just need a somewhat warm day to glue it up.

1 Like

So after installing the day before Thanksgiving, I finally had free time to use the camper this past weekend. The weather was perfect- mid 30’s F, rain, damp, soggy, cold, just downright perfect for creating condensation. this was the wheel house of condensation creation for me and I’m happy to report there was none on the roof where the headliner was installed. There was a crap ton(industry term) on the tent and the exposed aluminum. I wish I had a moisture meter with me but the headliner FELT dry. Just like it didn’t form in the first place. well I’m happy with the outcome… now I just need to cover the walls with something

1 Like

Pics? Good to hear! I just winter camped in a snow storm and metal and sides of tent had good moisture but honestly any tent would if zipped up in the winter!

Slept warm with my diesel heater and it dried out. Turned off the heater for bed and the tent fabric walls were frozen solid in the AM when I woke up. haha.

Justin

1 Like

I had some loc-tite 300 so used that up and switched to 3M 90. let’s see which lasts longer… I don’t have faith in the loc-tite

@78westy sorry no pics right now. but what do expect? it’s carpet covering the inside of the roof panel

Ha no worries. I can get a visual from that.

1 Like

from the sail-rite website. it really does look like the picture

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any headliner spray of any brand locally at auto supply, marine supply, hardware stores and I’m not paying hazmat shipping charges on the stuff. Only time will tell. Usually we only get a couple days around 100F around here so :crossed_fingers: The roof replacement time sounds perfect to get it installed easier and better with less mess

yep

20 characters!!!

Funny, I was just wondering if anyone has tried something like this the other day. Is it still holding up ok? Curious on how it looks and how much light it blocks… Got any photos you could share?

photo wise it wouldn’t be exciting at all. Maybe it’s slightly more exciting than paint drying or golf on tv. So far it’s holding up. we’ll see what summer brings. it blocks only a little light, actually almost none. I can still clearly see the decal on my roof.

1 Like

I just ordered some satin jet black vinyl wrap that I’m going to cover the inside ceiling of the tent. It’ll look a lot better than the translucent white/yellow color.

2 Likes

How’s the carpeted boat headliner doing? Does it stop the condensation? I’m afraid of it molding.

1 Like

it solved the condensation dripping issue

3 Likes

I’ve wondered how this would look for awhile now haha. Let us know how it turns out or share a picture if you can?

1 Like

I will. I got my vinyl in today. A local shop quoted $200 to install. I’ve never messed with vinyl, so im kind of scared to do it myself, although saving $200 would be nice

2 Likes

the hardest part of it would be laying on your back and in contorted positions while trying to keep it straight. just take your time and relax :beers:

1 Like