Heaters in the camper

When I get around to my heater, I’m going to get a snap on/snap off port that I’ll install on the side panel as to keep the heater on the outside… an example of what I’m thinking is this ( not my set-up) circled in red. It does mean I’ll have to pull out the hole saw and void the warranty but I think this is the cleanest way to do it and still be able to pipe the heat in

9 Likes

What brand is that trailer?

Well it works as I had planned. Exhaust just goes under the truck but not too worried

Due to the direction of the silencer I did put another weep hole in

My straight connection shows up tomorrow but this will be a tidy package for when I really need more warmth and to dry things out.

1 Like

Any plans to wrap the exhaust with exhaust tape? i know its right by the truck’s exhaust so its already hot in that area but I’ve seen how some f them get red hot due to the material they use

Not as of yet… but its not a bad idea… I usually only want a heater when it is single digits so I dont know if it will need it or not…

For anyone interested, that heater setup was developed and is sold by Yona Adventure Gear. I believe the owner said he was opening the website up tonight for additional orders as he just got through his backorder. He’s also developed a “Tent Vent” as a passthrough for the tent portion.

8 Likes

No Idea… I told the owner to chime in here so maybe he can help you with that.

edit: @MBBME beat me to it

I had sent a join link to the owner, not sure if he ever joined. I do know that he’s also trying to sell his current setup and possibly grab a used V1 for his Tacoma.

ummmmm… we are not talking about that at the moment… also no-one will notice until next year at the soonest

1 Like

A lot of people don’t think it’s safe to have an all in one in an enclosed space. You want the heater’s exhaust to go directly out with any connection made outside to avoid a leak inside.

2 Likes

The trailer is a BADAC trailer, they are made in OK. My buddy lived in one with his family for something like 8months traveling the country. Everything he learned during that time is put into these trailers.

3 Likes

Welcome @YonaAdventure! Glad to see you on here!

2 Likes

Thank you! It looks sick :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Awesome, and made 20 minutes from home.

Thanks for the great tip.

Curious if anyone has had any clever hot air routing ideas with heater in bed but air directed into the tent portion. (Besides removing a cushion or heater outside with hose into tent window/door which seems common).

I saw one set up where the guy cut his smaller panel down by 6 in on one side to fit a board drilled with 2’ holes to allow hot air to come up.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about making a duct that would come up into the short end of the wedge. Don’t really need much padding up there so a flat duct that has a 3 inch quick connect through the floor and a wood or metal (both) duct about 2 inches tall 8 wide. Maybe one on the other side as well or shorten a pad for return air…

1 Like

I have a V1 that has a “factory” hole in the front platform - semi tempted to put a small hole in each front corner and make a cushion that has corners lopped off to allow the air to pass through. Though I’d need to ask them if that poses any kind of large structural threat I guess. Some of those CDH come with a heat outlet pipe with 4 small ports - could pull two off and feed them to the corner holes.

Btw anyone know what that hole is for that came on the front left of the V1platforms?

1 Like

That hole is to allow wiring to pass from the bed to the tent.

Ah I thought so. Didn’t know if it had some super specific GFC thing I didn’t know about

Pass thru wires I will!