Help With: Exterior Condensation/Water Leak

It’s a little hard to explain but our truck is parked in the driveway at a slight incline and everyday (rain or shine) there is condensation built up that leaks out of the hinge part of the GFC and it waterfalls down onto the exterior back windows and doors. It does not leak anywhere inside, and the interior of the camper is completely dry. I’ve let it go on like this for months and now there is water mark on the truck that I’m sure could be buffed out but I haven’t tried. Does anyone know how to fix this or why it’s happening?

1 Like

Check out the DripRail for GFC by @jedgar Designs.

The DripRail directs water coming off the GoFast Platform Camper to inside the vehicles factory drip rail helping to keep your backseat dry. Black powder coated steel. Works on both V1 & V2 campers. Sold as a pair and includes all mounting hardware.

4 Likes

Hey @TCheney , I’m rocking the silverado too! Great looking truck!
I have found, personally speaking, parking with your tail lower is a great bet to get the water to flow off the rear.
I absolutely rock the drip rail by @jedgar , super premium upgrade and helps out a ton.

Personally, i just try to park with my tail lower or level and i have found this that to be helpful.
While your truck does look great backed in, ready to roll, if its not an issue try and flip the parking job and i bet you’ll have better luck.

1 Like

Thank you!! Haha it’s so much easier for me to back it in, lol, but yes I could pull in to help the drip. I’m also now ordering the Drip Rail, thank you guys!

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks @78westy and @Casablanca !

@TCheney the DripRails are designed to solve that issue exactly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

5 Likes

The dripping from the GFC was causing the paint at the base of one of my windows to bubble and chip because water would rest there. DripRails solved that, great product and a must have.

1 Like

I have this exact situation, and I have drip rails but the amount of water the camper mysteriously holds and then dumps within your first couple of minutes of driving typically overwelmes the drip rails. I dont have a solution but the kids have learned to never have the back windows open when we pull out, lol

I also recommend @jedgar for the drip rails. They are excellent.

2 Likes