How are you insuring your GFC?

I recommend doing it via chat that way it saves the transcript to your documents folder and you can save that for a later date if ever needed.

2 Likes

oh yeah absolutely i want that in writing lol

1 Like

We did our insurance through Geico

. Simply gave them the value, production# and manufactured date. Super easy.

:pickup_truck:+:tent:=:slightly_smiling_face:!
Mark (& Teresa)
Hampstead Maryland

• Purpose Built Adventure Rig © •
Ford Ranger FX4 - GFC Camper V2 #1919

• Kia Soulverlander •

Where do you access the transcripts? I was screenshotting my phone, but the transcript would be a lot easier to save.

If you’re on mobile open the app, select your initials on the top right, then select my documents and it should be there. Mine was automatically there atleast as a pdf of the whole chat conversation.

1 Like

Wanted to chime in with my experience.

I use Progressive to insure my truck and motorcycle so that’s the route I went with for my camper. I called Progressive and described what a GFC is as well as linking them to the website to make sure they understood what type of truck-camper it is. I let them know it is most similar to a slide-in truck-camper and would be stored on my vehicle 24/7. But it is technically listed as a travel-trailer on my policy. I was able to get comprehensive/collision coverage with a $500 deductible and replacement cost personal effects coverage with a $100 deductible. All of that cost me under $200 a year. It is worth noting that State Farm told me that the GFC would be entirely covered under my auto policy but I decided against switching to them due to higher premiums overall.

Just over two months after I got insurance, my camper was broken into. The rear panel and the passenger-side panel was damaged. And just over $1,000 of gear was stolen from the bed. I specifically opted to not get a rear window to deter theft but that did not seem to work. I submitted a police report and a made a claim to Progressive. They wanted a list of the stolen items as well as photo/video of the damage. Within a couple weeks, they paid me for the damage and stolen items.

2 Likes

I’ve got mine insured with Farmers. Pay about $120 a year from what I remember.

Did they break in to your camper with a pry bar? Or pop the locks?

He used a hammer to pry open both bottom corners of the side panel

Would you mind sharing how much they charged you?

Sure!
GEICO 6 months Maryland camping every weekend (2 days) all year long.

= $29.67

$15.84 Comprehensive (exclusing collision)
$13.84 Collision

Mark (& Teresa)
Hampstead Maryland

• Purpose Built Adventure Rig © •
Ford Ranger FX4 - GFC Camper V2 #1919

• Kia Soulverlander •

1 Like

Allstate, Geico, and Progressive are all refusing to cover the camper for me in Washington state. Don’t know what to do…

Just added, same experience as you had! Appreciate the tips.

1 Like

I insure Indigenous-way, with a braid of sweetgrass around my rearview mirror for minimum required insurance, and a bundle of sage rolling around on my dashboard for the comprehensive insurance. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It is possible that may not be the recommended method to get reimbursed in a crash though…

1 Like

Just tell cops you’re a sovereign citizen and their laws don’t apply to you, you definitely won’t get tazed