How to close the big gap on Ford Ranger truck bed near cab

I haven’t received my GoFast yet, but I’m really excited about how it’s all going to come together. I have a 21’ Ford Ranger and my main concern right now is waterproofing the Bed Rails before the system gets installed. I found a bunch of videos on how to waterproof the bed rails so I’m not super concerned, but there seems to be a one-inch gap on the truck bed wall near the cab that I’m worried about. Will the GoFast Camper Shell cover this gap? I haven’t found any pictures showing it covered, so I’m a bit anxious. If anyone with a 2019 to 2023 Ford Ranger could share their experience, I’d really appreciate it.

Currently, I just have a soft tonneau cover and I’m seeing this mega gap. Does the GoFast Camper Shell account for this gap on the Ford Rangers? Anyone know?

FordRanger-TruckBed-1 Large

1 Like

GFC will install a weatherstrip in that location that fills the gap

1 Like

The Gofast does not cover this gap. There is a seal that makes up for this space. I got my seal from a previous tonneau cover. I am sure go-fast installs this with your camper though.

Ah so I don’t need to worry about it.

1 Like

Shouldn’t have to. You can always call them to ask.

Thank you crew! I went ahead and did it last weekend. Just had my GoFast installed today!

1 Like

…a little late seeing this, but I’ll add on as well that I’ve had no issues with water intrusion where the GFC meets the bedrails….:v:t3:

Sorry I missed this. I did a video a year ago with the product listed. Hope all worked out with GFC. Everything has been working great with my set up. I hope you pulled your rear bed light bulb in the 3rd brake light.

:pickup_truck:+:tent:=:slightly_smiling_face:!
Mark (& Teresa) Out Of Office Camping
Hampstead Maryland

• Purpose Built Adventure Rig © •
Ford Ranger FX4 - GFC Camper V2 # 1919

• Kia Soulverlander • Nissan Xterra Off-Road •

2 Likes