How to keep power station type batteries warm?

I have a typical “power station” type battery/inverter and “power supply” made by EcoFlow, but this applies to Jackery types or others, too. Do people use a heated blanket, battery blanket or just build an insulated case for winter time?

Inside the EcoFlow there’s a battery and my understanding is that battery performance degrades if battery is allowed to get too cold in the truck bed.
power station two

1 Like

So I’ve got the eco flow river pro and I just use a Yeti soft cooler with the top unzipped.

1 Like

Good idea…I might cut away parts of a soft ice chest, too so that display can be seen & to allow for at least some ventilation for the power station. In this way I could keep EcoFlow completely enclosed, which should hold heat in but will permit reading the digital display and allowing for some cooling. Thanks!

2 Likes

Not sure how much performance actually degrades (I’m sure some) but I understand the major concern is not charging when the battery is below freezing. I’ve been warned that can actually damage the battery instead of just delivering less amphrs.

1 Like

Bought the waterproof bag; seems like a good solution because it has window for viewing the display plus openings for inputs/outputs. Thanks to all…think this will fit tighter and work better than some other options.

1 Like

most lithium batteries with BMS will shut down the charging algorithm when the battery temp drops below its preset limits. on my battle born that is 40 degrees

1 Like

Great to hear! Looks ideal. I am going to buy the delta 2 as well. Moving on from Jackery.