How to use Track Nuggets? Am I crazy?

I’ve installed them into my T-slot of my new beef racks but no matter what I do, they will not stay in place; they always slide freely along the track.

I’m able to tighten the small set screw that will lock the release mechanism but I want them to stay in place on the rack where I want them and not slide laterally.

Is that not their intended design? Or am I being stupid?

While using them in my Flight Deck, they slide freely as well. Only when I use a strap and tie something down do they not move

They are supposed to slide freely. It is the strap you use with them that keeps them in place.

Ok, thanks for reply @Mike_GFCUSA. I need rigid mounts so I’ll return these and buy some T-slot Eyelet bolts instead.

1 Like

I’m glad I checked this…I was wondering the same thing.

Hello all, I am new here and just picked up my camper last week. Question, do all the track T nuts work in the camper slide and beef rack slides (I assume yes)?

Any suggestions on what to use for a gas can mount? Universal Mounting Bracket?

1 Like

Are you wanting to mount it to the roof racks or the side of the tent extrusion? I believe the T-nuts are only for the side extrusion, check out the accessories tab on the GFC website. I know they have bolt studs specific to the roof cross bars. I ended up mounting rotopax to the side using an ATV gas can mounts, seems to be working good so far.