Ideas for portable fan

I’m going to be traveling out West this summer to pick up my GFC (very excited!) I am trying to figure out how to hook up a fan or two in the tent. I don’t want to cut into the roof. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Not super handy so it’s gotta be pretty straightforward.

Thanks so much for your help.

I use a Caframo fan off of Amazon converted to a cigarette plug and mounted to a Seasucker mount. It’s moveable to wherever you are in the GFC, quiet, and most importantly has a tiny amp draw.

More details here.

1 Like

Perfect, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you

1 Like

Gonna hang it inside the tent.

Going to mount mine like @MBBME did.

IMG_5532

1 Like

@shadesbro beat me to it! I have the Claymore V600+ fan and hang it on various tie downs I hung in the tent and bed area.

Clearly that fan is the all around winner! Just ordered it up.

2 Likes

This was $22 from Amazon. And it fits in the rear sliding window of the truck cab for my fur baby.

1 Like

I’ve got one of those small portable USB charge fans like above, but I also have a Dewalt 20V portable Jobsite fan that really moves the air! The fan is available on Amazon, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Homedepot etc. Not cheap but a great fan to move air, although it isn’t really hangable. It would still work ‘upstairs’ if you are solo, but with two people in the bed it would be in the way. I have other Dewalt portable tools that use the same battery so it works out well… and might be something to consider for the installation trip since a portable drill might be a handy thing to take along as well. I also see there are a number of Dewalt knock off fans on Amazon for under $35 (bare tool: without the battery) that are compatible with the Dewalt battery.

1 Like

If you have Ryobi 18 volt batteries they have a little clip on whisper quiet fan that works great.

+1 for the Dewalt fan. I’ve been running mine for 3 years no issues. I bring a 1/2 inch impact in my tool bag for tire swaps and any other stuff (has saved my ass before) so it runs same batteries.

8 Likes