International shipping

Any advice on how to ship a vehicle with a GFC installed on it internationally? We are moving to Chile and are having some issues finding a company that will do it. Main issue is the F150 is too large to fit inside a container with or without the GFC on it and most companies we’ve contacted say for roll off roll on shipping there can’t be any aftermarket attachments to the vehicle or personal items. Hoping another GFC owner out there can provide some insight. We bought the truck and the GFC specifically to use in Chile over the next several years and are being faced with this issue now. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hoping you get it figured out! It would be amazing to see adventures based out of Chile in a GFC.

Issac,
Several years ago I shipped an Expedition Rig to Panama for travel southbound. It fit nicely in a container. So I am not sure why they have informed you that an F-150 with a GFC is to large. Although, the shipping company is no longer viable, try these folks www.shipperworldwide.com/international-shipping-containers . Best of luck!

Main issue is the width. Shipping containers are only 93" wide and the truck with the mirrors is 96". If we remove the mirrors it gets down to 79.9 inches which would still be tight but I think the shippers should be able to get in and out through the window once it’s on the truck. Companies are telling us they need more wiggle room on top and on the sides. We’re still figuring it out. Any other insight from any other GFC owners out there will be appreciated. Thanks!

Probably a longshot, but wonder if you could reach out to the folks at Expedition Overland or other large overland outfits? I can only assume they’ve dealt with international shipping of their rigs at some point.

1 Like

Issac,
Best of luck in your search. Earth Cruiser are shipped all around the world in 40ft high cube containers all the time.
Peace!