Issues Mounting JE Drain Rails

This is probably a newb question but honestly I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I’m trying to mount JE Designs’ drain hardware on my V2 GFC and when I try to use the mounting bolts they don’t turn to lock into the T-Track. I’ve tried putting them in the tracks, setting them to the “lock” position manually and then putting the bolts in them but they just turn and pop out. When I try to mount the hardware with the locking nuts attached to it, it just won’t turn to lock into place.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there some sort of special way to make them turn to lock into place? I don’t understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I’m sure @jedgar can chime in but I’ve found leaving everything assembled and bolts/nuts loose works best. Line the tnuts up so they are in the “unlocked” position. Push the assembled drip rail into the track. While slowly turning the bolt with an hex key to tighten them, slightly jiggle the driprail. I’ve found this helps to get the tnuts to turn into the “locked” position. The tolerance with the tnuts and track is pretty tight so if there’s any dirt, it can be quite finicky.

Thing to note, atleast on mine, the original gfc bolts that hold the track in place protrude so make sure u aren’t trying to place the track nuts on those.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Buhlockaye ! @kellyfinnamore They can be a little finicky but it sounds like you are on the right track. I usually rotate them into place manually using a tiny allen wrench to help them rotate, but sometimes they rotate in with the bolt.

The only other things I’d ask is are you using the supplied black spacers? Not using them makes the bolts too long and they will bottom out on the t-track rather than tightening up. They are designed to add a side gap and help a lot with overall function.

If you are still having issues feel free to call or text me 208-315-1813 or email josh@jedf.us

4 Likes

Sorry for the really, really late reply - I’ve been out camping lol
This tip helps a ton, I am using the spacers and I tried the “jiggle” method mentioned above and it worked! This was my first time using this style of bolt/nut so it had a bit of a learning curve to it. Thank you so much for your help! The drain works incredibly well! No more soaking wet back seat.

4 Likes

The hardest part is getting those track nuts to twist lol. Glad you got them to work! No wet seats is a big game changer as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

what also works for the nuts is to put a tiny bit of loctite on the bolt and let it dry before mounting. That way the bolt doesn’t spin freely and will turn with the bolt rotation into the locked position.

3 Likes

Red loctite right :wink:

Did I say loctite? I meant Rockset. :saluting_face:

1 Like