James baroud 270 awning& RTT?

Anyone have experience w James Baroud 270 awning? Compatible w RTT v2? Wondering if the ceiling hatch lines up w access to RTT.

I haven’t seen one in person but I was curious so I looked up the James Baroud Falcon awning online. The pass-through ceiling hatch to enter the tent through the awning roof is pretty neat.

Unfortunately I don’t think the ceiling hatch will work with the GFC without some modification. It looks like the entry for the James Baroud tent is centered along its side while the GFC has the side-entry more towards the rear.

1 Like

Thanks for that. That was my concern - that the hatch and tent doors dont align. Hoping someone who has seen/owns both will confirm. Otherwise i will go with ARB

Just put the ladder on the other side?

1 Like

I have a regular James Baroud awning with a the pass through hatch and it does not line up to the GFC windoor.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. worth the $2k ? (vs $800 ARB version)?

yep, def an option. I liked the idea of dropping into the awning section (assuming walls are up/privacy option).

I have the standard side awning (98") which was $800 and yes it was worth it

It might be a better fit with a custom bracket that allows it to extend further aft. I know a place where you can get one…