John’s Tacoma DCSB (Gen 3)

Heating Pad Review

Level 7: 104watt draw (6-7 hours on my EcoFlow)
Level 1: still testing as it cycles on and off instead of lowering the output but it should last for a long time

This thing is awesome. You sleep on top of it and your blankets trap in all the heat making it extremely efficient. I’ve been prewarming the cab with my buddy heater and then switching to this and I think it’s going to work great for a little extra comfort this winter.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple film photos by my friend Sam Brockway while in the Tetons. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Are you standing on the roof itself or something on top of the crossbars? been trying to figure out if the 500 weight limit is the roof itself or with something mounted on the cross bars

I’m standing on the beef bars but looking into running a center platform to walk on. I think you can walk on it I just don’t have the balls to do it haha.

I use my sunroof for access. Great for photography.

My initial thought is the beef bars are the 500lb rating. I remember reading somewhere that while the floor honeycomb is 1" the roof honeycomb is only 1/2." @GFC

1 Like

Heater Hanger

I designed this “prototype” (scrapparts) to hang my Mr. Buddy heater on the Tacoma factory rails. I love the heater and wanted a permanent mount for it.

o

3 Likes

Can we get @GFC in here to confirm the information about the roof

P.S. im stealing a few ideas for my own build!

The roof on a V1 is definitely 1/2". The is no way I’d walk on the 1/2" honeycomb panel. The 500 lb limit is not the rating of the 1/2" panel.

Diesel Heater

I love my Mr Buddy for warming the cab before bed but with ski season coming i wanted a way to enjoy resort parking lot camping and be able to dry my gear. I went with a new product. I liked the 1-year warranty. The cheapest do it yourself similar build on YouTube was about $450, so I don’t mind spending the extra $200 for a turn-key product.

It looks like pricing went up right after I placed my order.

3 Likes

I love your build out👊Hi unfortunately I just stumbled upon this forum and I am going to go pick up my GFC camper next weekend. I’m tight on time and won’t be able to seal my tailgate and bedframe before going up to put the camper on. I assume this is still doable after the camper is installed but just more difficult? Also really like the bench and floor, i think I’ll do a similar (sorry for biting your style man) build. Unfortunately after the camper is installed, but hey at least i can work with a roof over my head lol

You really need to seal up the bed rails before the camper goes on. It’s not terribly difficult or expensive and you could knock it out in the parking lot before install. The bed and tailgate can be done after the fact. Good luck!

4 Likes

Exactly what @Snowbonk said

2 Likes

Nice will do. Thanks for the heads up👊

1 Like

Found on the FAQ page. I knew I’d seen it somewhere…

Your thread title says “DCLB” but all the pics show a DCSB, or am I losing my mind?

Great build, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

It’s the mindf*ck edition

1 Like

i’m glad you pointed that out… i thought i had gone nuts

Hey man, headed to pick mine up in March and am trying to decide what materials to use for weatherizing the bed. How has the Great Stuff aged? Still happy with it? Thanks!

Hey there!

I’m about to seal my bed as well. Little nervous about cracking the plastic while taking the bed rail caps off. Did this pose a problem for you? Any tips you have? Anything you’d do differently? Thanks so much!