Joolca water heater

How did you mount it

Iā€™ve owned one for about 3 or 4 years now. Its great, and its pretty much the exact same thing as the camp lux so you have an option there. Customer support is pretty awesome.

I will say you, you have to REALLY be committed to taking showers in the woods while camping. It has to be high on the priority list because these things are not perfect. Iā€™ve had issues with mine at high elevations. They say it loses ability to heat at a certain rate every 1k feet about 5k IIRC. Hoses NEED to be tight or youā€™ll lose heat, lose water pressure etc. Sometimes the pilot will just go out. Especially in wind. Youā€™ll have to start and stop.

A lot of those things are somewhat obvious but they werenā€™t to me at the time so my expectation of having a simple on demand shower where ever I went had to come back to reality. Once I figured those things out its been pretty sweet! Setup time is a bit of a hassle tho so if you can mount it SETUP I could see it being much better.

I am using the geyser now as its MUCH easier to setup and pack away (if youā€™re going to pack away a shower and not have it permanently rigged). Not as luxurious as the joolca but weā€™ve moved that to our tiny camper so when we take that out we have the NICE shower.

4 Likes

Sorry for delayed responseā€¦been out in BFE. I have mine mounted on a molle panel in the GFC against the rear window side of my truck. Works fantastic that way.

1 Like

Same here. I mounted it with the zip-up cover Iā€™d purchased with mine to keep dust out.

1 Like

We love our Camplux camping water heater ! Itā€™s way better than cold showers at the lake. For weekend trips, itā€™s perfect. We set it up outside, and weā€™re good to go. Beats paying a fortune for a fancy built-in heater weā€™d rarely use.

How much water do you folks reserve for each camp shower? I recently picked up the Kakadu shower and it really uses a lot of water.

I have this 13 gallon tank set up with my joolca shower, and can adjust the water flow depending on how many showers/dishwashing sessions I plan on doing.

Also, I tend to keep it empty when traveling, then fill it up at a gas station nearest where Iā€™ll be camping to save weight.

2 Likes

The gas station suggestion is a good one. I definitely feel it when I add any extra weight to my little truck.

I do the same, I keep a jerry can for shower water, and will travel with it empty if i know there will be a water source to fill it up from at the destination. Otherwise Iā€™ll top it off at any spigot or tap I come across as i travel.

1 Like