Jtc-gfc-start of build

Still have a few details left but so far what I got the top thing a hammock stand I’ll open

t![20200818_100752|690x388] I have a different hammock but that gives the basic idea changed the layout for to fit a fridge n camping stove

I rediled in my set up this is what I ended up going with…

![IMG_20240205_145847577|1080x485]

(upload://9U8JpfJjtCs75fRm7YJUCwAu1ph.jpeg)

5 Likes

This truck is about as close as one can get to being an actual Transformer.

1 Like

That is one unique build @Jtc. Any chance you’d post a video? I’m interested to see the mechanisms function. No intention of replicating, just curious.

-Blue

I forgot about this build but remember seeing it on tacomaworld. Truly unique. @Jtc what is your thinking behind the hydraulic lift? Impressive design.

1 Like

I’ll have to do a video sometime later. They messed up when I plugged the box in wrong so I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to fix them but they were kool when they did work…lesson learned ig

1 Like

Bummer that they’re not working now. How is the seal between the GFC and the bed when lowered? Does having the ability to lift the camper make it more susceptible to water intrusion?

When its down its pretty much like having it tied down normally…no water

1 Like

Hope it works out man. It really is a unique build. :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Well I fixed them I’ll work on a video later…but my plan was to get the camper set up ez lift had and be able to have the bed still intact with out taking it off and throw a sink and kitchen in the back part but my plans changed with the build once I got the camper and started doing stuff…
they kinda work for that idea but I have to come up with a bracket for the forward to back movement … they are slightly to short to leave the bed intact so I would have to come up with a way to mount the bottom bracket higher…
but my design changed so I kinda just put that on hold