Just ordered! How to best prep before install

Hi all, just placed my order today. Anticipation is through the roof. I was wondering if people could share some tips about how to prep my truckbed for install best. I’m talking mostly about weather-proofing but any other tips and thoughts are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

First if you are in Jackson where are some good places to camp mid February.

Second what truck you have will make a big difference here… if it is a Tacoma lift up your side bedrail caps and put butyl tape between the caps and the bed to seal things. Then use a bunch of your butyl tape and fill the gaps in the front corners well. That should take care of 99% of everything on a Tacoma…

It’s a third-gen taco double cab long bed! Winter camping in Jackson is sparse as far as I know due to road closures, but there is a lot of public land all around the valley.

1 Like

I have the same question wondering about any tips or ideas on pre install prep work that will make install easier or life more comfortable down the road.

I have a bone stock tundra trd off-road

I was planning on getting a bed rug. I’m guessing line-x is overkill. Bed rails may be helpful?

Tundra seal under the plastic bed rails as well, I don’t think the tundra has the gaps near the cab like a taco. Don’t buy anything extra until you get it and use it a couple of times. I have gone through a few iterations based on my needs and style and ended up liking a stock rubber bed mat and a industrial door mat for a changing rug

3 Likes