Kinsmen on a V2

Order option is up on the website, with this note on V2 bracket:

1 Like

You beat me to it! I ordered one this morning.

1 Like

Anyone else order a kinsmen awning? I place my order back in November and Itā€™s about a month past from the lead times. Iā€™ve tried multiple times to contact them without a response.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. I actually set an alarm to check back on this thread so see the update from you.
I was hoping that you received yours by now.

I also set a post notification hoping to hear something. I emailed them a week ago asking if their posted lead times are still accurate before placing an order, no reply. I hope they are ok!

Same here, I did not place an order and decided wait and hear an actual feedback about the product from @wruth because honestly, nothing really give a detailed feedback from someone that owns a 4runner with gfc V2 rtt.

Iā€™ve had the same non response, I ordered back in November too

I got an answer last week on the status:

• They had a lot of GFC V2 orders come in at once, so itā€™s delayed things

• They are moving shops from a garage to a commercial building

• The owner is transitioning the business as a side project to a fulltime role

Iā€™m doing the Georgia Traverse next week, so Iā€™m hoping to stop in and pick-up (if itā€™s ready).

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! I am excited for your Sir!
What fabric color did you choose?

I keep emailing them about the bracket as I have had the awning for a year that I Ordered for a V1 but then I got a V2 camper when they switched. Iā€™m patiently waiting but havenā€™t had a reply back since mid January.

I have the orange for the GFC. The awning only comes in one color - I think someone posted about a custom color, but they said they werenā€™t doing that at this time.

Hmm, thatā€™s odd it isnā€™t available for order on the site. I can only see V1 brackets. If Iā€™m able to stop in next week, Iā€™ll mention it.

How did it go with your visit Sir?

It wasnā€™t ready when I was there. Iā€™m going again in few weeks, so really hoping itā€™ll be done by then.

Thank you! keep us posted.

Same here, I wanted to see a good review 1st before pulling the trigger. Hopefully @wruth gets his soon

I ordered immediately after it went live, and I still havenā€™t received mine. The last response I received from them was: ā€œI just got everything moved into the new shop and started getting everything set back up. Itā€™ll most likely be end of the month or early April depending on how quickly Iā€™m able to get hired help up and running productive.ā€

Iā€™m still holding out for it, but will most likely cancel the order if May rolls around with no answer/delivery. Iā€™ve been up that way for overland trips four separate times since ordering - I was seeing if I could pickup instead of having it shipped, but I either didnā€™t get a reply at all or in time, or it wasnā€™t ready.

Aww! that doesnā€™t sound good. I hope he get this thing togetherā€¦

Hopefully it gets figured out soon. I did look again on the website and the lead time went from 3 months to 5 months, so that would put mine to be done around May 1. I have a 6 week trip in July, and I would love to have this for that, but if I donā€™t have anything by June, Iā€™ll need to cancel.

1 Like

I just got mine a few days ago and going to install it to the tent today.

Iā€™ll update once I have the tent mounted again on the 4Runner.

2 Likes