Locking RTT to roof bars

What have owners done to lock their tents to roof bars? I’m trying to figure out how to secure my tent to my canopy and lock it. Cheers!

For a surfboard locking point, I installed a ring to the camper extrusion then drilled out the mounting hardware so it can’t be removed. You could do something similar. Just one idea.

Peace.

For the Off the Shelf options,

My buddy swears by these folks for his RTT:
VanUltra Roof Top Tent Locking Mount

I also have a few buddies that have run these in the past:
Wheel Every Weekend RTT Security Mounts

When I had a RTT I personally just made a small steel cable and padlocked to the crossbars
(it was a FSR tent with a non solid floor so I was able to loop around the floor slats to lock it in)
For most other RTTs I imagine you could weld an eyelet to a spare track nut, or use a machine screw with a security head or Drill a hole and through bolt an eyelet if you were super concerned about theft

Easily bypassed, but (mildly) better than nothing.

1 Like

cheapest - superglue a ball bearing into the bolt holes of the GFC t-nuts - when it’s time to remove, use acetone.

best - use a tamper resistant bolt from mcmaster carr to replace a bolt in the GFC t-nut (reminder to match the length, thread pitch, and bolt head size). a pack of 4, 1 for each mount, should be good enough

i used both methods to secure my GFC RTTs (ball bearing first on my v1, mcmaster bolt later on on my v2) and it’s been perfect

+1 for the Wheel Every Weekend locking mounts. I had a set with my cvt, they were solid!