LOLROAD ‘19 Raptor SCAB build

Also been working on the power box for the bed. Got the Redarc, ARB Fridge plug, 12v, USB, and fuse panel all mounted in the Milwaukee Packout box. The Redarc is connected to the starting battery with wiring run along the frame and can be disconnected with an Anderson plug if it needs to be serviced or if I need the full truck bed. Battery is a 100 amp hour Renogy AGM.

Next up, the Madcap lighting kit and Mountain Hatch tailgate cover. Stay tuned…

1 Like

what size batteries are you putting in the box? what kind of box is that?

Where’d you get the tail gate seal kit?

@BajaSurfer I got the tailgate kit on Amazon. Its the ESI kit. Install was pretty straightforward, its a universal kit that has directions for a bunch of different truck beds. Took maybe an hour, it was cold in my shop so i used the propane heater to warm up the metal.

@blackhearse The battery is the Renogy 100Ah AGM and the box is the Milwaukee large packout box, not the one with the wheels, just the standard box. I thought the battery was going to fit a bit better but the box isn’t perfectly square on the inside so you loose some space. Down the road I might try to build a custom cell that maximizes the space and power but for now the 100Ah should be enough to run the fridge, madcap lights, and recharge devices. Should also be enough for a dometic fan too, thats also on the list.

Got a lot done today. Started off with the easy stuff, installed the VRNCLR storage pouch and bedding catch. I was slightly off left to right on the pouch and it will bother me forever but oh well…

Also finally got around to installing my madcap lighting kit. A little tedious but went pretty well, and holy moly it works well. Gonna be a game changer for night time in the woods.

And lastly I fitted my fitted sheets. Cozy.

1 Like

I stuck some stickers and put the fridge in too.

3 Likes

Very nice! I did the same with my storage pouch and it’s probably always going to bother me even though no once else would ever notice.

I’m curious if you happen to know how much power your madcap lights draw? I recently installed some Matt gecko lights and am kind of surprised how much they draw.

4 Likes

Pulled one of the extra leafs out of the Icon spring pack this past weekend. When I installed them before getting the GFC I was convinced that I’d need all the spring rate to accommodate the extra weight. Not so.

For you raptor guys, this is Icon option 2 with an RPG lowering shackle. The Decked drawers are full of camping and recovery gear and the AGM batt and fridge are installed. Towing isn’t going to be as fun but that’s a pretty small percentage of what I do anyway. Now I can get my foot on the tailgate step without making funny noises.

6 Likes

Got out and used the truck recently. 4500 mile road trip from Wisco to Truckee and back. Went the northern route through Wyoming out and cut across Nevada via hwy 50 on the way back. If you haven’t driven 50, do it. We want to go back and take a few days to explore a bit more. Anyway, here’s some meals I ate on my tailgate:

1 Like

Love the Runza action. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

@corneahusker I didn’t really know what a Runza was (still dont) but I know I want to eat many, many more of them.

Wisco huh? I was born and raised in a small town of delavan. :grinning:

1 Like