Looking for truck advice

TRD OR short bed here. Lumber goes on top, or in trailer if i have a lot of it. Just put good tires on it and drive the heck out of it. Oh yeah, resale value is unmatched. Price used Tacomas right now. Its crazy.

3 Likes

I really couldn’t believe how difficult it was to find one. I called on probably 5 or 6 and was willing to travel to pick one up, but literally every one sold within one day or less of being posted!

Agreed. Good tires and a steady throttle makes the OR a beast!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Good call! We are a family of four and head to Baja all the time in the same truck that you chose (2018 Tacoma OR DCLB.) The long bed is fantastic as we put two people up top and two down below with the dog for sleeping and everyone is comfortable. Also, when it gets super windy in Baja, there’s room for us drop the top and all get in the back to play cards and wait it out. To me, its the perfect family vehicle as its comfortable, yet still light and agile enough to get into the more remote locations. Give me any amount of money and I’d buy the same truck again.

2 Likes

I really like the Ranger too but if you want two real rows of seating in the cab, 5’ of bed is all you get. The Taco is a bit behind in tech and engine specs…plus the seating position is not great for taller people. That said, there is no question that Toyota builds a great truck.

The upcoming 2nd gen Ranger Raptor may be a game changer.

1 Like

I’ve heard others also say the Tacoma isn’t good for taller people, but I don’t understand where this comes from. I’m 6’2” and have the 3rd gen Tacoma without moonroof. I’ve got several inches to spare over my head and have never felt cramped. It’s actually the best vehicle I’ve had in this regard, aside from my MB Sprinter.

1 Like

Also, leg room has never been a problem. But that said, I haven’t driven with adults in the back seat! :grin:

That is great to hear. I think the perceived Taco issue has more to do with the seating position and less to do with headroom. Here’s a thread on the topic:

Ha, well I think all of us have seen far too many gripes on TW and Reddit, but hey, as we all know from trying out vehicles we think we will or won’t like, we find ouselves surprised because there’s no replacement for real world experiences :laughing:

1 Like

Indeed…could not agree more.

1 Like