Loose bed bolt on Tacoma

I’ve been hearing an odd knock from my back seat for a while. I assumed it was something bouncing behind the seat or in one of the cubbies under the seat. It turns out it’s my entire truck bed bouncing. The front passenger side bed bolt is backed out 3/8”, but nearly impossible to turn.

Has anyone else had this issue on a 3rd gen Tacoma? I don’t see how it’s related directly to the GFC, but I’m curious if this is common. I broke a torx bit trying to tighten it back down, so I might have to get creative to fix it.

I have had issues with the bed bolts as well, one of them is stripped out. Have not yet come up with a fix? The beds of a Tacoma moved quite a bit when off-road…

I just dealt with a stripped bed bolt… just have a guy weld a nut on it and use a breaker bar…2 minute job if it’s not rusty… depends on the welder but you just end up paying their minimum…

I paid $70 but worth it to avoid drilling and tapping it out…

If you got a welder and can do it your self it comes right off…
I also believe all you have to do is add a washer or rubber washer to stop it from squeaking …I don’t remember but I saw a video on YouTube about it

1 Like

Idk about it backing out but …

2 minute job with a welder and breaker bar…

15 bucks I think for a new bed bolt…

You might want to retap your hole that the bed bolt goes into…I would say lock tight but that’s a bad Idea if you ever need to take it of…

But if you do throw lock tight…to take it off use a breaker bar…but go back and forth to break the seal…but still might be a pain.

You’ll end up stripping it again…so you just would have to start to loosen it …the tight it…a few times before you try taking it out…

I would just retap the hole and get a new bed bolt… should fix it …