Marketplace Best Practices

It would be awesome to implement a set of best practices for the marketplace section. I have a couple off the top of my head.

1. A lot of people are buying/selling spots. Some people are even trying to buy spots that have been sold for weeks. If you sell an item can you please update the topic to start with “SOLD - original topic name”. Locking the topic after it is sold could also be beneficial.
  2. We are all adults and the internet has been around for awhile. However, the amount of people posting contact information directly in comments is crazy. To each their own, but I feel like contact information is better suited for direct messages. It is dumbfounding to see people post phone numbers, full names, most used email addresses, etc. That is information ripe for hacking.
2 Likes

I agree… especially point #2!

I think email is completely fine in my opinion. And like you said to each their own. I agree with number one though. Cheers :call_me_hand:

I recently join this forum looking to gain more knowledge and improve my chances for an earlier build spot. I am in agreement that the marketplace should contain active items to buy, trade or sell. It is frustrating to go down a list that has been sold without an update or sold but still occupying space. I suggest establishing a way were SOLD listing can be deleted or unresponsive member’s listing could drop off after a reasonable time.
In reference to listing personal information! Well, “you reap what you sow”. My opinion and you know what they say about that.

1 Like