Molle Panel Weight Capacity?

Hey All!

I’m interested in the possibility of mounting our Jackery Explorer 500 to a molle panel that mounts to the GFC in front of the window that sits up against the truck cab like the one at the link below:

The molle panel uses the provided mounting points in the GFC frame to attach - I believe it’s 3 points along the bottom and 3 points along the top (I have a Jeep Gladiator GFC).

I believe the panel itself can support the weight of the Jackery (a little more than 13lbs), but I’m unsure if that weight could be supported by the GFC mounting points themselves.

The Jackery is basically a box, so it’s all pretty concentrated weight as opposed to an axe or shovel or something where the weight is spread out.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a panel like this or maybe some insight on what kind of weight the GFC mounting points might support?

Thanks!

1 Like

Give Wyatt a call and talk to him. He is one good dude!

1 Like

I have that molle mounted on my Ford F150 with my Joolca hot water heater, my axe, and a few small things. Total weight about 20lb. No issues so far.

1 Like

Yea man I’m hoping to mount my Joolca, some recovery stuff, and a 5lb propane tank. (~15lb when filled)

The only thing I’m worried about is the propane tank. Like you said, I’m sure the panel can handle it but I’m unsure if the GFC mounting points can handle so much concentrated weight.

Any chance you found an answer?

I have the panel with my joolca and a 15lb propane tank, both with corresponding mounts from the manufacturer. I have done some serious offroading with them here in Colorado. Zero issues at all.

1 Like

Great news, thanks for the reply. I mounted both of mine today on their mounts using some random hardware I had laying around. Seems solid enough.