MTB travel rig!

Stoked, I finally scored on a oneup rack. Now I might just need a swing out hitch to avoid having to take bikes off to get into the GFC.

4 Likes

1UP does make a sweet rack, and the Kuat Pivot Swing Away extension is super nice to have.

3 Likes

I just picked up the kuat pivot today and it makes life so much easier getting in and out of the camper! I also have the kuat one bike rack and definitely a quality product that is rock solid with 0 rattle

3 Likes

I’ve been considering getting the Kuat Pivot as well. How much further rearward does the bike rack end up once the pivot is in there?

1 Like

Definitely hangs out a bit

1 Like

Thanks for the pics. Looks like it also raises the height of the rack by ~ 2.5" over where it would be without the Pivot so that helps a bit on departure angle.

1 Like

One with a bike in case anyone else is interested

1 Like

I have a OneUp HD that I’ll take for extra space when I take all 5 bikes. Otherwise I can put the big boys in the bed and still close everything up! Love it for that reason!

3 Likes

I have a thule 2 bike hitch rack and the thule swing out. Which I will use when necessary… But, man, does anyone use roof racks anymore? I honestly prefer using my fork mount tray on top of the GFC. Its tall AF, but its a ton easier than messing around with all that hardware. I guess I’m just simple. I’m on the fence. I suppose I’ll be a fan of the tray until I whack my bike on a drive thru sign, a roof, or a tree… Then there’s the bugs. And I gotta store the 29" wheel. And the gas mileage. But I drive a slug taco.
I don’t know. Still, the tray just seems the lesser of two hassles.

YMMV.

1 Like

My 1st gen tundra bed wall is so short I can’t get my gravel bike in there even with the front tire off. I’m jealous!

1 Like

Did somebody say MTB travel rig?

Bike traveled inside on this trip since I was combo mountain biking and also attending a music festival. I did not want to advertise my bike to would-be thieves by having it on a rear rack. I have a Kuat 2 tray hitch mount rack that works great.

3 Likes