Northern California GFC Owners

Yes! The stool should just be included at this point.

1 Like

Getting there may be problematic.

Nacimiento-Fergusson Road Closure

The atmospheric river storm event that stalled over Monterey County in late January dumped up to 15 inches of rain on the Monterey Ranger District. The Highway 1 washout at Rat Creek generated national headlines, however, the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road that connects Highway 1 with Fort Hunter Liggett and Highway 101 suffered significantly more damage but received far less media attention. Extensive slides, debris flows and road failures at a dozen sites along the road have rendered Nac-Ferg impassable to vehicle traffic. The road will remain closed under a Forest Order until repairs can be made. The public is strongly encouraged to avoid Nacimiento-Fergusson Road until the road has been cleared of debris and is safe for through traffic. Initial cost estimates for fixing the road run into the millions of dollars. The Forest Service is working with the Monterey County Department of Public Works and Fort Hunter Liggett, and will be applying for Emergency Relief for Federally Owned Roads (ERFO) through the Federal Highway Administration to secure additional funding.

1 Like

I recall reading on Tacoma World that it’s accessible from Burros Road?

That is dependent on coast ridge trail being open which is accessible from los burros or plaskett ridge road. Which have both been closed on and off.

Gotcha – looks like someone was there earlier this month (and I think I saw that that some GFC folks headed there after their Santa Cruz meetup), so maybe we could explore!

2 Likes

I’m picking up my GFC in July 7th, I would love to meet up as well.

4 Likes

Hello everyone I’m picking up mine in August i too am in NorCal Sacramento area ill keep an eye on this tread for future meet ups…

3 Likes

I’m picking up in August. Then heading to Yellowstone for a few days and Grand Tetons. Then making my way back. 3 week trip…

GFC pick up on Oct 28. We are in Brentwood, NorCal.

Reno here but we camp a lot in Lassen and Tahoe NF and I’m in Sonoma County several times a year.

We picked up a V1 camper used recently to replace an iKamper X-Cover…we were looking for a faster setup/breakdown and I wanted to get away from running a RTT on a fiberglass topper. We also have a Patriot X3 and will be kicking our kids out of that and into the GFC.

Anyone in the san francisco area with a gfc that has a full or semi full bed build out that i could check out.

I have a v1 on a 3rd gen short bed tacoma and jist trying to get some ideas. My main concern it trying to build something around my 95qt fridge while making use of all the space.

Hello Byron,
I was reading your post and the type of vehicle you have. As the owner of 95 qt Dometic, unless you have multiple people traveling with you on any given time, the problem may not be your rig space but your fridge size.
Just saying.
Cheers

Hey there, we are in Brentwood (Contra Costa County) and would be up for a Bay Area meet up as well.

2 Likes

Just picked up my GFC on 11/20 in Montana and tested it in Moab and Zion Utah on my way home to Pleasanton.

4 Likes

Castro Valley

5 Likes

Shot this on the way back to the South Bay after picking up the GFC!

12 Likes

Santa Cruz

7 Likes

Just made purchase on a topper. Super stoked. July install!!! Patience LOL!!

1 Like

Bay Area here. open to meeting up for short trips if anything is planned! once we dry up a bit of course.

3 Likes