Ohio Meet up Rigs/Coffee/Beer

@blackhearse @Rattler I can probably do the 21st of January if you guys are able to and want to wait for @Casablanca to join. I should have 1 ground tent peasant joining me either the 14th or 21st. Whatever you guys pick should work but would like to nail a for sure date down and maybe @Thayne can send out something to other owners close by to alert them of the good time to be had

4 Likes

@Moose I can do the 21st. Whatever works for you guys.

2 Likes

works for me. I hope thereā€™s lots of snow

hahaha ground peasant

2 Likes

The 21st it is! And since @blackhearse knows the area his location suggestion sounds perfect to me.

39.60845970661334, -82.2476522553398
stone church trailhead

Any particular start time you guys want? Or just whenever? Itā€™s about 2 hours away from me

Soon as all the finer details are smoothed out, Iā€™m happy to help promote the fun time to be had! Stoked to see this one coming together so quickly. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know the area that great and never been to that specific spot. But I have next week off and planning to head down for a night and hopefully more snow too.

Maybe go with whenever? it wouldnā€™t be hard to find the GFC crowd. Itā€™s about 3 hours away for me and Iā€™d shoot for noonish arrival. that gives time to eat lunch, hike a trail, get back to camp to setup and build a fire before sun down. Then itā€™s perfect time for a ā€œstep 2ā€ by the fire

2 Likes

Now that the date has been kind of hammered outā€¦ what do we want for dinner?

3 Likes

I did recon the other day and bad news about that spot. The gate was locked

Good news I found this sweet spot down by the beaver ponds. There were no car tracks in the snow so itā€™s been at least a week since somebody has been down there. this spot was only big enough for 1 vehicle

This is Stone church campground right in a busy road with fire pits. pit toilet, and level parking spots

this spot 39.619936315530495, -82.27268821748197 is big enough for a few cars and as long as the giant mud pit is frozen, itā€™s easy to get to.

3 Likes

looks like I could drink a beer or 10 there

2 Likes

I only took a couple with me and was thinking how fast I could break down and run to town when I ran out. Ended up cleaning up an easy case of empties before I left, so must be a good drinking spot

2 Likes

Here ye here ye :beers::beers::beers::beers:

3 Likes

These details look correct?

6 Likes

The campground and the coords donā€™t match up. @blackhearse what is the new spot?

1 Like

Oops, looks like I used the ones for the spot he ended up staying at. These should be for the campground 39.6099037, -82.2414422, I have edited the original I posted

2 Likes

the coordinates are a spot in the woods that may or may not accessible in January due to snow. Iā€™m not sure what Stone Church Campground coordinates are. it just pops up with Google no problem

I want to add itā€™s $15 a night to camp at the maintained place with a pay box

2 Likes

@blackhearse have you stayed at Burr Oak State Park? Its about 30 minutes from Stone Church.

negative

20 characters

Are state park campgrounds nogo for you guys? 39.5362469762761, -82.03084509328893
If you guys are set on the Stone Church location thats okay with me. Just saw it nearby so thought it might be worth considering.

I donā€™t object to state parks. itā€™s just more difficult to camp there. You need to make a reservation online a week in in advance. Burr oak does have electric at the campsites and itā€™s $23 a night. I could run 3 electric heatersā€¦ GFC branded sauna?

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with anywhere honestly, the reservation part that @blackhearse mentioned may be an added annoyance. But honestly whatever works best for the most people is cool with me

2 Likes