Panel Handles

Can’t wait. Always happy to support other gfc folk!

Hey, I’m really interested in these. Before I order, could you explain the CF option? I’m a noob to this stuff. Is the CF stronger and more elegant? I love the looks of these. Oh, and do they come with VHB already on them?

Thank you!

Christopher

Hey Chris!

PETG is fine for most things and is plenty strong for a handle. I opted to also offer PA12- CF (a type of carbon fiber filled nylon, a blend) because its very rigid, very strong, lightweight and very resistant to weather/UV. However, it is NOT a cheap filament compared to PETG and most other common materials, hence the price difference. They do come with VHB already on them so all you have to do is prep the surface area and apply them where you want them on your panel. In general, PA6-CF/PA12-CF and other nylon CF blends are considered “industrial” materials meant for high strength and resistance. Let me know if you have any other questions!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I was just going to order the CF ones anyhow. I figured being more expensive had to be for a reason! Thanks for the detailed response.

1 Like

Update on some of the color options. Purple, Yellow and Orange haven’t been printed yet, dont anticipate most people will stray from Black/Gray. The Army Green color is a nice match for the GFC green color.

6 Likes

These are TIGHT dude.

1 Like

Thanks! If you ever want some just let me know and we can meet up, save some time and money on shipping for you.

If anyone has received and installed their handles yet, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions. If for some reason anyone has issues with the VHB bonding to the PETG handles, reach out to me. It hasn’t been a problem, but I learned that PETG is a “low energy” material and can be a harder material for even VHB to bond to. Something I’m addressing in future orders is using an adhesion promoter on the PETG handles to avoid that potential problem, but if anyone who has ordered them has any issues just let me know and I’ll rectify it.

1 Like

Interior Panel Handles are now live here Interior Handles. Scaled down versions of the original Panel Handles, and now offered in luminescent filament.
www.3DProto-Lab.com

4 Likes

Installed the interior handle tonight! Sorry for a picture in the dark.

2 Likes

Rad! Thanks for the shot! Let me know if you have any issues with it.

3 Likes

I love the interior handle. Top 5 mods for the GFC imo!

3 Likes

Personally went with the glow-in-the-dark one and man it’s been awesome!

2 Likes

I dont have any, yet. However, the glow in the dark caught my eye for sure.

Little bit of sunlight from the panel being open and works very well!

2 Likes

That is wicked sweet

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed!

I wonder how long the glow in the dark filament is good for.

1 Like

Great question. Since we cant have the cool and totally safe Radium dust Glow-in-The-Dark stuff, I can’t make any claims because I have no clue what factors play into its glowing longevity.

2 Likes