Platform Camper bed requirements

I’m picking up a Maverick and wondering if I should bother with a bedliner or if a “bed rug” would suffice for the purpose of having the Platform Camper installed.

I’d say the biggest positive is insulation. Where are you located, what are you planning on doing with your camper?

To me this that is the question i would ask myself…

Personally i like the rubber spray liners. Small insulation and protection for the paint and metal…

If i was going to be somewhere with snow regularly i might look into a bed rug as well…

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

We picked up a used 2019 Ford Ranger 5ft bed this year. We’ve been busy building a purpose built adventure rig / work truck with weight in mind. The truck came with a bed liner (31 lbs) a spray in bed liner would have been 60+ lbs. Having started with a CVT RTT and ZroadZ rack, we learned quickly our knees didn’t love the bed liner.

Now with the GFC #1919 we just recently removed the bed liner and installed the Bed Rug with tailgate. (4.5 lbs) I went with the tailgate since it’s extreamly knee friendly. Extreamly comfortable to walk on and both are easy to remove.(disclaimer dollar store welcome mats are worth the $1.25 buy a few)

Now we mainly do cold weather camping so with a R4 value it’s a no brainer FOR US!

You do the math after all it’s the Maverick. One rocking little truck. Congratulations!

2 Likes