Poll - Does your tent leak?

No leaks in my tent, but I do get leaks into my bed and dust intrusion as well. Didn’t have these issues with the previous SnugTopper.

1 Like

→ Okay… poured rain here in central Va over the weekend.

Happy to report no wetness inside the tent.
Or under the cap in the truck bed - No wetness at all -

I was parked at various angles and drove a bit around in the rain. Typically I park with the nose of my truck up so rain flows off the rear. However, I parked a little every way i could to check for leaks.

Also pumped to put on the rain gutters (Drip Rail) I ordered from JE Design.

4 Likes

What type of truck?

You’re gonna love the rain gutters - they help a ton!

1 Like

I took my kid to get some ice cream in the rain and when putting her back in her seat rain was pouring down into her car seat… I cannot wait to put the gutters on…

2 Likes

2011 Tacoma

1 Like

Just a quick reminder for anyone experiencing water intrusion in the tent portion of their GFC, be sure to submit a Service Request Form as soon as possible. This will help the team make sure you’re taken care of once we’re able to retrofit units in the field.

4 Likes

I do wish you the best of luck with your GFC. I have seen posts of people prepping the bed of their trucks before install. I never did but this but it might increase your chances of a well insulated bed. :+1:

1 Like

In the 2 years of so of ownership I’ve only had wet cushions twice. I know one of those times was when I was parked on an angle and I think the other might have been as well. It wasn’t much water either time, definitely not leaking like a sieve.

2 Likes

Mine leaked in rear corners and got the bed cushions wet

4 Likes

I’ve had my v2 for almost two years in the PNW where it rains 9-10 months straight. It doesn’t “leak like a sieve” but it’s not “dry as a bone”. Doesn’t bother me at all.

1 Like

Mine leaks all thru the tent and roof and pools on the bed panels. What isn’t absorbed by the sheets flows down the side into my bed.

1 Like

Last weekend camping in Nevada I had my down bag in the tent collapsed, it was completely soaked had to drive to Fernley and get a hotel.

3 Likes

oof that blows. hopefully they have a good fix coming your way

As a reminder to the leaking tent owners, fill out the service request form

2 Likes

You might change this to say just “leaks” there seem to ne a good number of people with leaks, but not “like a sieve” that may or may not be voting… good idea to do this, as I have been curios to the head count as well.

1 Like

I’m in SoCal so luckily we dont get that much rain around here. However we did get a week straight of rain back in December and I got a little bit of water in the front side of the tent making the cushion and sleeping bag that i leave up in the area a little wet. Not too bad but some water did get in.

I do have a self installed bulb seal along the length of the side that helps keep most water out. I may have to add it to the back as well to prevent water from coming through the back and making its way to the front since my truck is parked with the front slightly lower than the rear.

Voted yes but adding some context. My V2 (#1725) leaked when closed originally, then only when open post weatherization kit. I have a new tent now (warranty swap due to leaks) and waiting for a good rain to test. Thankfully I’m in Colorado so a pretty dry climate…and there’s a service shop here, so it’s not been a terrible process for me. I used to live in PNW and would have been intolerable there to be honest.

1 Like

Cushion corner is wet on downhill side. I have to air out every couple weeks. Not a lot but definitely not desirable. I agree with adding ‘leaks’ instead of ‘like a sieve’ as an added choice.

3 Likes

Do you think it might be useful to also gather similar feedback from the community regarding leaks from the panels in the form of a “Do your camper/topper panels leak” poll? My tent leaks like a sieve but I wonder if others are also noticing substantial amounts of water, dirt, and debris ingress around the perimeter of the panels while driving.

What did Customer Service say when you reported the issue?