Poll - Does your tent leak?

Has anyone contacted GFC about how many total water intrusions service requests they have received? Or in other words, does anyone know roughly the percentage of total campers that have experienced tent leaks? I feel like thats a much better gauge than this poll/thread.

I submitted photos of the various leaks and received the same general response while they were working to diagnose the tent leak issue, nothing specific to mine, which is fair. I just assume they will work to address it during the rework for the upper portion to avoid multiple service visits.

@blackhearse I thought I was good until yesterday, I got a new waterfall feature (figured that would cost extra) lol checked the tent today and cushions were wet

I’ve talked to a few guys through Instagram who saw my leak there and said that they have gotten a little bit but never anything too bad. They weren’t aware others were experiencing this. I urged them to come here or at least do the service form. I think there’s probably several people experiencing this but maybe to a lesser degree, or they haven’t been in a heavy downpour long enough for it to be obvious

2 Likes

How was it during your Ohio meetup? Looked rainy in those pics?

Mine does the exact same thing. Not a ton, but gets the edges of the cushions wet.

1 Like

I didn’t notice anything then. It was rainy in the beginning but really more of a snowy mix, and maybe only a half hour of that. I think the other contributing factor for me not noticing or it not happening before, is that it fits in my garage. So I park in the garage most of the time and we really haven’t had any hard rains during the week since I picked mine up. Yesterday was a steady downpour all day long. One of the heaviest rains my area has had in a couple years

Gotcha. I was just curious. Thanks for sharing.

Anytime

I think this is much more widespread than GFC cares to let on

1 Like

After that weekend I thought for sure your tent was dry. maybe there is something about how you closed it? share that service request link with the instatwits. do they want to keep their leaky tents?

@in.the.beantime just create a new thread and the options are there for a poll

1 Like

Water has made its way into my sleep area during times of rain. I’ve had water in the bed a few times. Not flooded, but there has been water.

I thought it might be that, but it didn’t appear to be closed any different. Couldn’t see any gaps or tent peaking out :upside_down_face:

as a reminder to the leakers(sounds like a gang of retirees) please fill out the service request form if you haven’t already:

1 Like

I’ve had my GFC for just over 5 months and have found a great deal of moisture in the rear corners of the tent. It’s mostly on the exterior but have found the mattress wet on several occasions (no mold). However, it has been quite rainy this year in California, and I park on a slight incline that may be contributing to the buildup. Slept a couple nights recently up north in the redwoods and it rained like a bitch, but we stayed dry. Overall, I’m still very impressed with the GFC. Going to submit a service request and see if it’s possibly the rear gasket on the tent.

1 Like

So this is intriguing.

In this poll the leaking respondents that own a v2 (so excluding the 12% or 13.2 votes for those who own v1) is 34.1 votes for leaking (safe to assume it is 34 flat I’d say) which represents 35.2% of the total, again total of those who voted and own a v2.

Today in their post GFC said the number of tents that have been reported as leaking to them is just north of 6% of the total they have built.

I would contend this is probably proof that this poll is not an accurate portrayal of the scale of the problem. Likewise I will say that Go Fasts number of 6% is likely also low, but probably much closer to the real percentage. Especially considering the 97 votes above only represents about 1.9%(ish guessing there are about 5000 total produced v2 units) of the total v2 campers built.

Just thought it good to give this poll a little context for those who might come in from the cold.

2 Likes

60% of the time, that works every time!

2 Likes

beat me to it and it 84.278%

if you believe that I have a stock 13 second Tacoma rips a 0-60 in under 7 seconds that I would be happy to sell you. she’s a beast