Prinsu Rack issues

Can you post a picture close up of the cut job? I’m about to install a V2 on a third gen double cab with a prinsu. Debating removing rack or cutting it down.

Here are some pictures. I am glad I cut it down rather than cut it off.

I run a road shower up there and it helps distributes the weight.

Awesome, thanks. I was wondering why you were glad you did until I saw the last comment. It also kind of fills the lines and looks better to me. Was it hard to cut it perfectly and how did you do it? I’m installing my Gofast tomorrow and debating cutting the rack on the truck or just removing it and doing the work with it off the truck and then reinstalling it.

If it works for you I would recommend taking it off altogether for the installation. Then you can cut and re-cut to get the perfect amount of clearance from the camper. The pictures above are of a V1 and the clearance might not be exactly the same. If you leave too much rack I’d hate to have to sign a waiver at install.

Yea my other issue was removing the light bar which means reinstalling the wiring next to the windshield. That was a real hassle and almost cracked my windshield doing it. Did you run your light bar wiring a different way or up the side of the windshield?

The light bar and wiring does sound like a hassle and could change things. I actually don’t have a roof rack but kinda wish I did (I have an access cab and I’m scared of putting holes in the roof). Maybe someone with a V2 and the same rack can chime in.

Just took a picture showing the clearance between the roof and my V2 in case that might help.

I went with the Martin Offroad rack and am super happy with it, in case people were considering alternatives.

1 Like

love the cut solution as I’m going from a full Prinsu cab rack, but have elected to replace the whole rack with Sherpa’s option for campers (shorter rack - length depending on camper and truck bed length). Love that they have options for the buyer based on exact set up, and their racks are beefy to boot.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs a Prinsu in wonderful shape in the Mid-Atlantic region let me know!