Product Improvement Tour (P.I.T.)

Yo! If you need to be added to the PIT for an active warranty issue, email support@gfcengineering.com so we can put together a warranty claim for you. If you’re wanting to get your hinges proactively upgraded, you’ll need to either come up to Montana to get them upgraded on site, or wait for Mike to address campers with early unit numbers/acute warranty issues. Once he’s made a big pass through the majority of the country upgrading those campers, we’ll begin to plan out the 2nd PIT, which will be able to address proactive upgrades.

1 Like

Many companies make eraser wheels, most notably 3M that make removing the adhesive back foam a breeze. Will not damage painted, anodized, polished or chrome surfaces. Can be operated with a simple Milwaukee cordless drill. 1500 rpms or higher is about right. I used it to remove vinyl graphics in my business.

2 Likes

I’ll have to give that a try. I forgot about those to be honest. I recently coated all the moving panels in everbrite, works great at restoring color and protecting elements and basically made the marks invisible to the eye (I also had a lot of oxidation marks that showed up as white marks all over my panels). Only issue is I applied it in too warm of temps so you can see the application marks; going to remove it when it’s warmer out and spray with a can this time around.

I did the same thing with gorilla tape and it left adhesive lines as well. I cleaned with rubbing alcohol and that helped but eventually it just came off on it’s own.

So stoked, the PIT rolled through Austin this weekend and it was a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and learning about the GFC’s the history of the the company and all the changes they made. He addressed all my issues with the camper, the broken hinges, the snap I was having an issue with keeping snapped (super simple fix) and he let me help out so I could see the process. Breakfast tacos were eaten, responsible hanging out was done and I am ready for my next big trip, I can’t wait!.

Thanks again @Mike_GFCUSA for all your help, and if you’re coming through Austin again sometime, look me up and we will go get a beer!

For the folks still waiting for their fixes on the east cost, be patient! The service is well worth the wait I promise!

4 Likes

Care to share the super simple fix for a snap not staying snapped? I have one I can’t keep attached

If you look at the back side of the snap, there is a little bar to one side. The snaps are designed to be inserted in a specific direction. You can turn the cap of the snap on the fabric to whatever side the tension is on. For example, if the snap coming off is on the top (like mine) you rotate that little bar to the top, which helps it hold the tension. It’s really easy to feel when you put the snap on… you want the snap to start near the roof and snap to the bottom in that case. That way the pressure pulling down holds the cap tighter. PM me if you need more, I can try to get a video for you.

Awesome info! I had no idea they work that way. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!

1 Like