Product Improvement Tour (P.I.T.)

I also got an email.

2 Likes

I did send out about 150 emails, just to be safe. It seems counterproductive to ask if “anyone got an email”. Seems more productive to send one in if you didn’t get one, per the instructions. I should also re-specify as I did before, if I was already in communication with you I did not send the email as it would be semi-redundant.

I understand some people may not want a “feel good” meet up but some have asked for it and I am not going to tailor my entire tour for a few people over the majority. You will get a fix regardless, if you do not want the extra stuff you do not have to participate in it.

I am going to be on the road, away from my loved ones for quite some time so I am not going to just move from one place to the next doing nothing but fix campers and then sleep and move on. This process will be as quick as it possibly can(touring most of the continental US) but I am still a human and will have to take some time off. Being on the road is difficult already for extended periods of time, then add work on top of travel, tedious, intricate and exhausting work, and it is going to be a long trip.

So I am going to make it as pleasant for everyone (myself included) as possible, while also keeping a good pace so everyone can get their camper fixed in as timely a manner as possible without burning myself out.

8 Likes

He is travelling so it may have been lost in the sauce as they say, so I am looking through for any outstanding warranty issues in my tracker and also emails forwarded to me in hopes to get everyone accounted for!

Given the entertaining tongue in cheek that GFC sometimes uses in their written communications, this thread missed an opportunity. This needs to be renamed to Product Improvement Tour Americas (P.I.T.A.).

Jokes aside, GFC is making a better effort than any other company I know of to fix this problem. This traveling repair idea is just one of the reasons why I didn’t sell my build slot when I switched vehicles. Most companies out there today would shrug their shoulders and tell you that you have to figure it out yourself.

5 Likes

:wink: two jokes in that paragraph!

1 Like

For accuracy’s sake, I had to say sometimes. I did get ONE email from their product fulfillment team that was serious and had no fun commentary at all. It simply read that my accessories would be waiting with the camper.

1 Like

@Mike_GFCUSA - Thanks for the email confirmation that I’ve been added to the P.I.T. list.

Seemed like a good enough reason to bump this thread.

1 Like

Hey Folks:

I’ve been having an exchange with Mike about his PITA tour. :slight_smile: I found a spot in the Seattle area where he can work inside while working on my camper. It’s an airplane hanger that a friend of mine has open right now. The problem is that it’s not available for the ‘general public’ to take up residence for a few days to fix multiple campers. It’s fine for me because it’s my buddy - but not available to anyone else.

But, this got me thinking. This is a pretty big community. I know Mike is headed to the SW first - is there anyone in (for example) San Diego and SFO that has space available for Mike to work inside while fixing a few campers?

And, is there anyone up here in the PNW - I prefer from Seattle north that has space available so we could all get together and get our campers resealed with new hinges?

2 Likes

Sounds like theres more people than not that haven’t got emails. I know I didn’t get one or see this thread till today. I only knew about it cause I was reaching out about the Alu-Tubes. Might be more productive to include this in a newsletter or IG post to everyone and then confirm build #. Also sounds like anyone with a build number less than 150 may be affected; didn’t see this distinctly called out, but is what was written to me via email.

2 Likes

I sent out 150 emails so if you did not receive one you were either not in the first 150 campers, gave us the wrong email address, haven’t checked your spam, bought a camper from someone and did not relay that to us (happens more than it should) or some other manner of oddity. So there is absolutely no way more people haven’t gotten the email than have. Especially since I have all but 43 customers to reply to it and about 25 emails from other customers wanting to inquire about the tour for one reason or the other and about 5 of you who claim you did not get emails. I also specifically stated in the first post and in other subsequent posts that if you did not receive an email you can email me as any of those potential reasons could have caused you to not get the email. We cannot help that people do also not check their email, I cannot imagine why there are 40+ customer who have not replied to multiple emails that were sent out. You could account for a few being indisposed at the moment but I have received emails back from guys stationed in the middle east so it is hard to believe there are 40+ people who cannot check their email.

All of that aside, this tour is primarily for the hinge issue, so only those customers received an email and I did send out 150 to the first 150 customers unless we were already in communication about it.

5 Likes

I also did not mean for that to sound harsh, for anyone thinking that, it was a little blunt.

2 Likes

should have been a phat blunt…it would have eased the tension better

3 Likes

You may or may not be right about that

2 Likes

Every time I’ve sent an email with a question or issue it’s been met professionally and in quick order and my issues have been resolved. You can’t ask for much more than that from a company. Mike is obviously busting his tail to get this process off the ground and deserves a little respect.

7 Likes

I was build 125, and I have the new sealant. So, production must have changed earlier than 150.

1 Like

Didn’t meant to stir anything. But my email in particular is checked everyday and somehow GFC emails that were sent out miss mine; this isn’t the first time either. Not saying it’s anyone’s fault, was merely suggesting a broadcast in a more public manner to others that may be in the same situation. I’m squared away, but it took me nearly 3 weeks after this post was made to even become aware of it; yes checked spam and junk mailboxes and my contact info hasn’t changed since I put deposit down in Feb 2018. Thanks for the response and your punctual vision to act on these issues, it’s much appreciated by everyone.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

I have been in contact with a lot of you consistently but for those of you who I haven’t been here is an update on the tour.

1. A great many customers have come up to the facility for the refurbish so the tour technically started early but the departure from the facility has been delayed. Currently I am just about through every camper so I can build out the truck and get on the road in the next few weeks.

2. The current tentative plan is to drop down into Colorado, then hit Utah and Arizona (very few stops combined there) and then hit SoCal and work my way up to about LA (will depend on the time it takes to get there and materials) or further north in California and come back to the facility to restock and rest a bit before hitting what may be left of California and then the PNW.

3. Suggestions on meeting places and work spaces from all of you will definitely help. I would prefer not to just set up in some random parking lot but can absolutely do that if thats what ends up being the case. I would like to, for those of you who care, make this a more enjoyable experience, listen to feed back, hear your complaints, maybe do some demos on the campers of preventative maintenance and such and maybe share a beer at the end of that day.

4)I have gotten the process of resealing a camper down to about 3 hours (this does not include other items like changing out the crossbars and such. I know a lot of you are handy and skilled at certain things so I will get a liability waiver written up for those of you who want to help out, if that is your thing. Of course this can only be with medial stuff since I want to get your refurbish right the first time.

1. I still have yet to hear from a few customers so if you know anyone who has any issues and has not reached out or been reached out to then please direct them here.

If you have any other issues since last we talked please send in an email so we can address everything.

I will also be bringing along accessories to sell so if you are looking to get anything please let me know so we can save you the cost of shipping.

Thank you,
-Big Mike

4 Likes

You most certainly can leave the same day, I can typically get it back on without opening the panels, you just cannot open the panels during that time but it is fine to drive with.

2 Likes

Time frame still sounds longer than I want - but I understand if you’ve been fixing campers at your facility.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

2 Likes

I have been doing the best I can given the circumstances but will push through to get out as quickly as possible.

2 Likes