Product Improvement Tour (P.I.T.)

Sounds great Mike. Maybe if we knew how many of us are in a particular area we could come up with a central meeting spot. And yes I want to help as needed.

2 Likes

Very much down to help you out as much as youā€™ll let me to make your day go smother! Iā€™ll bring the beer and burritos.

Are you looking for central meeting spots to try and do multiple campers in a day or are you planning to do more along the lines of one a day?

2 Likes

I have never in my 50 years alive come across a company that is so committed to customer support, service and seemingly never divorcing themselves from product. Iā€™ve been a metal fabricator for 30 years. Hot rods,race cars even stage prop for rock shows that break down, and thrown into the 40ft trailer. Iā€™ve never seen anything like this and the build quality, words CANNOT justify. Someone hit the trifecta grand slam hat trick of the decade. Just wish I could get one NOW! Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL, motivational fab work.

5 Likes

When the general route and schedule is determined, Iā€™d like to see if I can work myself in somewhere that makes sense for the Mad Master Mikeā€™s Excellence in Customer Support Product Improvement Tour.

I know Iā€™m not likely on the way anywhere, and I donā€™t mind having an excuse to burn some time off work to save the crew running the MMMEICSPIT some mileage and time. Iā€™ll just need some advance notice.

3 Likes

what part of the world are you in? I am headed to white glove as well as my unit should be wrapped up here shortly

1 Like

Iā€™d probably try to plan a Colorado trip to coincide with a PIT pit stop, if MMM is up for a PITPS. Iā€™ll see whatā€™s what when itā€™s closer to happening.

2 Likes

ok, looking for South central texas install party

2 Likes

See you in Lake City.
Itā€™s usually infested with Texans. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure you meant graced by Texans

2 Likes

I give out very little sugar with my pronouncements.

1 Like

too bad, give none, have none

1 Like

You know I was kidding about Texans, right?

Have you had to wait long for delivery? GFC must rack up an impressive amount of mileage.

Also, Iā€™ve been auto-encouraged to ā€œEncourage everyone to get involved in the conversation,ā€ because ā€œYouā€™ve replied 3 times to @TReitz in this particular topic!ā€ This forum software is kind of strange.

1 Like

I donā€™t know you well enough to know your were kidding, thank you for the clarification. Auto encouraged is interesting, wish we could apply that to our elected representatives( said while smiling) I am about to move to completed status but fear because I am the only smart buyer in San Antonio and that they will wait a few years to deliver it to me, ( said while not smiling). Even though it is warmer here, tacos are delish and margaritas are plentiful

2 Likes

Is this thing on?

Anyone heard an update?

How many of the ~100-150 potentially affected have been fixed either at the factory or on the road?
How many left to fix?

Finishing up the last few that were brought up. I have one more scheduled before I can depart. Our warranty/product support for the moment is just me and the PIT is something we put together to make this easier but the warranty states that the camper must be brought back to our facility for work so those brought back have priority. The plan is still the same, we are nearing the end of the month but I should be out in February and on the road. I will b less active on here while on the road so any questions/comments/concerns will be better directed to my email or my phone if you have it.

Good to know we havenā€™t missed it. The warranty was published well after purchase though :slight_smile:

Iā€™d rather ask questions so everyone can see the response so you donā€™t have to respond to 150 emails.

Any idea how much warning each region will get?

Example:
ā€œIā€™ll be in Springfield in X days and repairing units there for Y days.ā€

With my luck Iā€™ll be out of town during a window.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s your trip plans? Wondering if you are gonna come thru Northern California. Would love to buys some accessories that you have for sale along the way?

I am so ready for my hinges to be replaced. Iā€™m tired of not using one side - and wondering if the rear is going to explodeā€¦

3 Likes

Finally got my GFC back yesterday, itā€™s been at the shop since mid-October. I was the first hinge failure, build #43.

John dropped it off, unfortunately I had to put it on dollies in the garage as my 3rd gen has a crack in the block and is awaiting warranty repair. Looks like I got the new aluminum front and rear bars, new hinges, and sealant.

I was asked about a new powder coat on the frame, because I have that shitty matte/flat gray that shows stains and wear, and I asked for it to be done. Didnā€™t hear back, and unfortunately it wasnā€™t done. So I still have a shitty looking frame. Oh well, now just have to wait for the truck to be done.

Overall, the hinges look much better with the sealant on top and underneath. Canā€™t wait to get back in the thing after a few months of not having it

2 Likes

Can you post pics of what the new hinge/seal looks like?

1 Like