Restocked: Low-profile maxtrax roof mount

Will these work on the cross bars? Great design

They do not tie into the cross bars at all. They are designed to mount into the side channels only. I’ve had a few people space their crossbars out to accommodate the maxtrax between them, though.

2 Likes

I currently have a small restock of roof mounts ready to ship with no lead times. Anyone interested can send me a message. Cheers!

Hey @Wild_Mitten QQ on whether this mount could work at the front edge of the GFC? I have solar mounts between three beef bars and I think just enough room for this mount at the front before the first bar. Have you tried setting this mount up at the front hinge, or will it only work on the side rails?

i may have missed it in this thread but ,will these work for “off brand” boards? i have the voodoo off road ones specifically

I do not believe they will work on the front. They require two channels for mounting, and the second one down from the top tucks below the frame when you open the tent.

1 Like

The current design does not support Voodoo, X-Bull, or first generation ironman4x4 recovery boards. To my knowledge, the boards that are compatible are Maxtrax, Actiontrax, ARB Tred, and the new Ironman4x4 reco-traks.

That’s what I feared. Maybe time to look at reconfiguring the current setup to accommodate this mount!

1 Like

Any of these left? also price? Thanks

Would these be compatible with the rear track on the camper? the part where you would open and close from?

2 Likes

I have mine mounted on the rear. No problems, they’ve been there for probably 10k miles or so.

3 Likes

I mounted mine off the rear because I had a similar issue with three beef bars . Mine were spaced for a cargo box and lights so it wasn’t difficult to move one since I’m not running solar like you

4 Likes

That’s a clean look for sure, and I imagine easy access using the tailgate to get the recovery boards if needed.

Definitely rethinking my beef bar setup. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

The only downside is it does put weight where you don’t want it as far as the gas struts opening up the tent. Mine seem to struggle if I put anymore weight up there.

Any current stock of these?

^ Curious as well

1 Like

@johnthesmurph @Cbar Hey! I am currently sold out but planning to do another production run in the spring. Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

Okay please hit me up when you do the next run!

2 Likes

Sweet!

Giving this a bump to hopefully generate some more interest for another run

1 Like