Review: Door Mat

I wanted to share this door mat I’ve been using that’s given me a lot of joy. This TrafficMaster commerical door mat at Home Depot has been doing a phenomenal job of keeping the outside stuff contained, and the truck bed clean.

The grid pattern makes cleaning the mat easy. All I’ve been doing is removing the mat from the truck and shaking outside. Give it a few kicks on the backside, and it’s clean again!

The rubber bottom and weight has enough grip to hold in place when driving around. It’s got a tapered low profile, and doesn’t cause you to trip on it. Also, soft to the touch so walking barefoot isnt awkward.

I’ve got it setup as my indoor “mud room” mat for footwear to dry.

Summary:

• $16 and available at Home Depot
  • Absorbent
  • Agitates dirt and debria off footwear
  • Perimeter is raised rubber and contains moisture.
  • Drys quickly* (heated GFC)
  • Maintenance is easy.
  • Lightweight
  • Low Profile
  • Soft materials

Link:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMaster-Black-24-in-x-36-in-Fiber-and-Rubber-Commercial-Door-Mat-60-885-1907-20000300/206498870
Notes:
I purchased the 24" x 36" size mat but they do have a few other options. This is a great size for one person but maybe consider a larger one if you have more gear or people.

Best,
Ron

4 Likes

:clap::clap::rofl:
I appreciate your review. I find it slightly comical, but also about to go down to the Depot and pick one up.

1 Like

Followed your link…$12.97 at my local HD. I’m wary of how well it would work since it is missing the usual overland tax price tag and it wasn’t laser cut to fit one truck and one truck only.

5 Likes

Nice flooring too. Did you glue the flooring down to a sheet of plywood so you don’t have the ridges from the bed?

Sweet! It was cheaper when I picked it up at at the store than the the online price. Just wanted to play it safe.

No glue. Just the mats directly set on the Tacoma bed. I just interlocked them like normal, then cut around the fender wells on one side for better fit. It’s good enough for less than an hours worth of work. Surprising it does have some insulating properties and mutes a lot of the ridge feeling under your feet. Would definitely recommend!

1 Like

I looked at both in-person and agree they seem really similar. I chose the Home Depot black mat because it blended in. No issues with it rolling up, it’s about 2 months. For sure this is the quiet hero of the build!

1 Like

good to know! Thanks !

Dude don’t make those of us who just leave it unrolled all of the time look like slobs…

Haha…

3 Likes

Where can I find one of these engineered lightweight boxes?

2 Likes