Security loop for extrusion?

Anybody know where to source one way hardware or security hardware that fits the extrusion t nuts? I’d like to add a not easily removable loop to run my surfboard lock through.
I have this, which is spaced perfectly, if I can find some hardware that makes sense.

My local Home Depot didn’t have any one way screws that would fit the t nuts. M5 or whatever it is. Any creative ideas or hardware sources would be helpful.

Peace.

1 Like

My local ACE Hardware had a huge selection of the security hardware but I think it depends a lot on the franchise. Maybe McMaster Carr?

Really random and dirt bag, but what if you used any hardware that matched the thread and then drilled enough of the head out that it was “one way?”

1 Like

Get someone with a welder to spot weld the nut on?

This has both 1/4-20 and 10-32 sizes to cover both size t-nuts in stainless with a security head.

1 Like

This is what I use as well for adding Baja Designs lights to the accessory mounts and the extrusion.

Thanks for the suggestions. McMaster Carr only had large quantities of the screws, best I could tell. I didn’t need a whole box… I elected to go with Allen head hardware with red loctite. I’ll drill out the Allen head tomorrow after the loctite sets up. Hope that goes ok…
I’ll post a pic tomorrow.

Peace.

1 Like

I didn’t notice it was for a box. Your plan should definitely work and be secure! :+1:

1 Like

You can try an electrical supply house and get some tamper resistant screws
They will sell you small quantities
But looks like you already have it figured out.

Drilled… It looks like it would be difficult to get off. Hardware head was easy to drill out. It looks permanent. I hope it’s secure.

Peace.

2 Likes

Looks like a tough nut to crack, looks like it would take bolt cutters chopping you loop or cable.

The finished product looks polished and pro.

2 Likes

….do did this work out for you in the long run?

I’m trying to design a secure solution for my rack shower. :lock:

It has worked fine for me. I drilled out/rounded the allen wrench part. I use it as a place to lock my surfboard cable on the top of the camper.

Peace.

1 Like

Good deal….I’ll incorporate a similar approach…thx :metal:t3: