Shadesbro Tacoma - Lunar Rock DCSB GFC Build

I think they are just apollo hinges

1 Like

Seems to have enough thread. Where’s your info on this?

From myself when i built my bed platform on 1/2 inch birch even counter sunk the tailgate side bed bolts needed to be replaced with longer bolts

1 Like

Ohhh that’s good to know. Mind sharing what bolts you switched to? i’m sure they are better then stock.

135 mm grade 10.9 bolts can’t remember where i found them online. honestly debating putting factory back in and using the same 4 your set up uses and keep all 6 factory bolts in place

1 Like

Good info I appreciate it! That’s weird the tailgate two are shorter is there interference under?

They’re all the same length. My guess is toyota went 122mm as that was the shortest length bolt that would still securely grab enough thread on the longest gap

1 Like

Installed: Underland Offroad Molle Panel

5 Likes

Installed: Inhabit Design Works Custom Mat

1 Like

Almost everything to do the bed power.

3 Likes

Following with great interest. Are you going to build it inside your extrusion cabinetry?

2 Likes

Yes Sir the middle cubby I left empty to go in there.

2 Likes

so who’s power king? lol

2 Likes

Lol good question haha!

Installed: Centric Design Co Weekender Tailgate Hook

2 Likes

Have to ask why 2x 100ah batteries and not 1x 200ah?

1 Like

Guess no particular reason. But if I ever have a battery issue at least I can isolate one and still have another.

I have the space in the bed area dedicated to power for the truck.

2 Likes

Installation:
-SDHQ Complete Battery Tie Down Kit
-SDHQ Complete Billet Battery Terminal Kit w/ Negative Wiring
-Full Throttle Series High Performance AGM Battery (FT840-24F)

3 Likes

Installation:

I will update this as I complete more.

Interior GFC (Power Setup):
-Attwood 29/31 Series Battery Tray (x2) (P/N 9094-5)
-Blue Sea 250A 6 Post Bus Bar (P/N 2126)
-Blue Sea 6 Post Bus Bar Cover (P/N 2718)
-Blue Sea Circuit Breaker (80A) (P/N 7186)
-Blue Sea Fuse Block 6 Circuit W/ Cover (P/N 5025)
-Misc. Wiring/Parts For Bed Power
-REDARC BCDC 40A
-REDARC Rear Wiring Kit
-REDARC Smart Battery Monitor
-Scanstrut Dual Cable Seal (P/N DS-HD10-BLK)

Started in the engine bay and ran down and along the from and up between the cab and bed then pulled the REDARC kit wiring into the bed used the Scanstrut as a pass through.

Assembled the Component/Distribution Panels. These will mount to the side walls of the power compartment. Decided on these to drill less holes and hack up less of the Terra Quest Off-Road Kent 2.0 bed storage system if I ever change stuff up or add things down the road these panels are cheap enough to swap out.

Got the Component/Distribution Panels mounted in the bed. Drew up my wiring also to have @ws6616 check for any issues before I start cutting and wiring it all.

Here is the Wiring Schematic Plan.

6 Likes

Is that a little digital thermometer?

1 Like