Show us your truck!

Hey there. I’m planning to mount some rear lights in the same location as you. How did you run the wiring from the lights to the underside of your truck?

Thanks!

1 Like

You have a V2 right?

V1 for me but still curious to know what you did

1 Like

Right at the end of the aluminum upper frame tube near the silver end cap I drilled a small hole and fed the light wire inside the frame. Then it comes out on the inside of the truck bed area. Then I siliconed the wire in the hole for vibration and weather resistant. Not sure how/if this will work with the V1. I didn’t want to drill through my back door.

Could you post a detail photo?

Cheers!

1 Like

3 Likes

@Herrmann552 Interesting idea. Are you running the rest of the wire down the corner vertical tube that runs to the bed rail/ taillight?

I am running a S1 for each corner of the camper (4 in total), then one S2 for the rear of the camper (already have two S2s in my rear bumper). Plan is to have lights 360 degrees around the truck. Going to do all the wiring tomorrow for the camper. You have a sweet build :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! It’s deff been a lot of weekends of work. I ran the wire forward in the horizontal tube a few inches, maybe like 3-4 and then drilled another hole on the inside of the horizontal tube. The Wire then pops out on the inside of the camper area now and then runs down the outside of the vertical tube with some double stick zip tie tabs. Sorry don’t have any pictures of that and I’m out of state away from my truck.

1 Like

I’ve also recently added some extra fuel to the back since those first photos were taken.

2 Likes

Just a v1. But I use it :metal:t2:

8 Likes

Using it is all that matters. V1’s are still badass and the whole reason I put a deposit down. I just happened to make the V2 cutoff point.

I’d much rather be an og with a v1

1 Like

That’s how I feel. The v2 is sweet. I like a lot of things about it. But I love my space frame. And I think the v1 tent is better for camping in Colorado.

2 Likes

working on the bed setup. Waiting on my 5lb propane tank to show so I can mount it hopefully this week.

1 Like

A little V1 fun!

10 Likes

4th generation screens are finally dialed and make the desert nights :+1::+1:
Also figured it was time to start flying the Jolly Roger

20 Likes

@Mysterymachine
So are you going to be selling these?

2 Likes

Why camp at Flagpole Knob, VA when you can camp on Flagpole Knob? Take the high ground.

Looking down from 4190 feet up into the Shenandoah Valley

4 Likes

Nice! I’m close by in Shenandoah. Will have to check out Flagpole Knob!

We should do a GFC meet up!

2 Likes