Show us your truck!

Recently picked up a used GFC and took on some local adventures, planning for more once the shelter in place is lifted and I have some time for a light build.

13 Likes

Managed to hit some backroads and get it dirty last weekend. Still locked down around here, so nowhere to camp, but I’m itching to get out there.

6 Likes

8 Likes

What Rear bumper is this?

Looks like the C4 high clearance bumper

1 Like

Maiden voyage for GFC #369: multi-day camping/road trip, SF Bay Area to Oregon and Washington: camped in various spots from Southern Oregon (Umpqua, Rogue River area) all the way up to the Olympic National Forest in Washington. Stop over in Portland to see a few friends and family. Great trip, the GFC lived up to my expectations – it made camping so easy to setup and breakdown!

Cheers,
DJM

7 Likes

Nice. Living the life…

Peace.

2 Likes

An update from my previous post which is 1 year ago from tomorrow of!
I know this isn’t a GFC, but my initial designs were based off of it.

I might convert it to a clam-shell design in the future, but for now, our family of three fit perfectly in this setup.

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

7 Likes

Anchor Bay, Northern California. Fickle surf but in winter with some high pressure you can score…

Some camping pics from this week camping around Tahoe:

9 Likes

Finally installed on a 2015 ecodiesel. I must say that $175 installation fee for one guy to spend 35 minutes cleaning the bed rails, applying rubber gaskets, and lowering the camper with a crane seems like highway robbery… I had no noticeable decrease in fuel economy, I averaged 24mpg on the 800 mile trip. The camper does mess with SiriusXM reception from time to time though.

Can’t really see the Tetons in the picture because of the smoke. Damn fires…

6 Likes

Here’s my DCLB Tacoma doing the Mushroom Hill Slide on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ. I got the GFC because I didn’t want my camper to hold me back from off roading. I’m very pleased with the result so far. https://youtu.be/GK0xR7MuAr4

2 Likes

This is what I want my GFC for…camping and kayaking. How well does it handle loading WW boats? I live in the south east and boat almost every weekend

It’s great! Such a great set up for kayaking. You’re going to love it. I do.

1 Like

6 Likes

Marshall General Store? Next time your up this way give a shout would like to meet up and check out the GFC, I’m build 1352 and haven’t seen one in person yet. if you have Instagram I’m @_ben_c