Show us your truck!

Thanks! It’s deff been a lot of weekends of work. I ran the wire forward in the horizontal tube a few inches, maybe like 3-4 and then drilled another hole on the inside of the horizontal tube. The Wire then pops out on the inside of the camper area now and then runs down the outside of the vertical tube with some double stick zip tie tabs. Sorry don’t have any pictures of that and I’m out of state away from my truck.

1 Like

I’ve also recently added some extra fuel to the back since those first photos were taken.

2 Likes

Just a v1. But I use it :metal:t2:

8 Likes

Using it is all that matters. V1’s are still badass and the whole reason I put a deposit down. I just happened to make the V2 cutoff point.

I’d much rather be an og with a v1

1 Like

That’s how I feel. The v2 is sweet. I like a lot of things about it. But I love my space frame. And I think the v1 tent is better for camping in Colorado.

2 Likes

working on the bed setup. Waiting on my 5lb propane tank to show so I can mount it hopefully this week.

1 Like

A little V1 fun!

10 Likes

4th generation screens are finally dialed and make the desert nights :+1::+1:
Also figured it was time to start flying the Jolly Roger

20 Likes

@Mysterymachine
So are you going to be selling these?

2 Likes

Why camp at Flagpole Knob, VA when you can camp on Flagpole Knob? Take the high ground.

Looking down from 4190 feet up into the Shenandoah Valley

4 Likes

Nice! I’m close by in Shenandoah. Will have to check out Flagpole Knob!

We should do a GFC meet up!

2 Likes

A GFC meet up would be cool. I’m over in MD right out side of Annapolis.

1 Like

These for sale? Would love to get these

Don’t plan to make more. But trial and error with Velcro and different netting after cutting out a cardboard pattern can make for an interesting project.

1 Like

Yeah, we definitely should!

1 Like

@artieTwelve Im going there this weekend. Unfortunately wont have my GFC yet, but there will definitely be another trip in the future. @tacaubin you can join me this weekend if you’d like. I can DM my number to you. I am not camping, just going for a day trip on Saturday.

Seems like we should get an end of summer east coast meetup somewhere @Sdfish84 @crazyfingers @blancataco @JLink @tacaubin

2 Likes

Now that is a great idea!!

1 Like

@fatfurious2 Here’s another spot about an hour or two from Flagpole, depending on what route you take to leave the knob. I call it the “Bridge to nowhere”. It’s a great place for a photo op for your truck. You can find it on google maps at 38.843671, -79.284723. It’s a low water bridge that was damaged back in 1985 when what was left of Hurricane Juan rolled up through the valley and dropped 18 inches of rain. It was a 500 year flood. This bridge was once the only way to get to a day use pavilion that was popular with weddings and group events. After the flood, it was decided to not rebuild it. The bridge now crosses to a concrete pad and then ends at a gate. The locals told me the gate hasn’t been opened in 30 years.

Imagine what a line of Go Fast Campers would look like lined up on that bridge.

So it really is the bridge to nowhere. Next time I’m out there, I think, I’m going to camp on the bridge or the concrete pad. After all, it is technically National Forrest land and therefore you should have a right to camp on it. Let’s see if the local sheriff agrees. If not, I’ll have a reservation just up the road at Big Bend state park. Check that out at 38.88920057807779, -79.24018054829588 It’s almost completely surrounded by the south branch of the Potomac river. I haven’t stayed there yet, but I plan to.

There is a hell of a lot to see in that area and every time I head out I find something new.

Have fun exploring.

4 Likes