Skottle ( autocorrected to Skittles 3 times!)

Anyone have great ideas about skottles ? It seems like a 4000 year old cooking method shouldn’t cost $400+. image

$40 at asian store by me

3 Likes

I got a southwest disk. They call them the discada
Made from old plow discs
veteran owned company and made In New Mexico
There disks are much more reasonably priced like 80$ for a huge disc.
I would never take it out to cook for just me and the lady,but cooking breakfast burritos for 20 people on the disc is pretty sweet.

2 Likes

I cut the bottom off of a propane tank to make something very similar.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I want one but don’t want to spend so much bucks. I may just get a camping grill instead…

Here is a couple of photos of a homemade skottle

I’ll be honest. I have one and got it way back before the price became so high. 9 times out of 10 I’m either cooking on a camp stove with cast iron or cooking over open coals with cast iron or Dutch oven. While it may appear super versatile I don’t find it to be a must have, particularly at the price point. For that cost I’d buy a partner steel stove and some lodge cast iron. That’s just my opinion though.

I have 2 discada, I made one and I bought one. For me they’re great to cook from but they take up to much space and they weight to much, but some people take them everywhere. They are great for tailgating or backyard, i just like to keep my weight down, and keep it easy to pack up. I have a single burner Partner Stove that is my go everywhere do everything stove, recommended. If you don’t see the single burner stove on their website just call them they will make you one. Pay once, cry once. A little pricey but your grandchildren will be fighting over it when you’re composting.

2 Likes