Sliders--Kickouts or no?

Sorry if it bothers anybody to post questions like this here, but I appreciate the vibe here better than some other places on the internet. What are folks’ opinions on kick-outs for sliders? I finally decided on the Caliraised Trail edition (25 degree) but can’t quite decide on the kickout or not.

I like my kickouts. Thankfully haven’t really had to use them for vehicle protection, but the added benefit of additional step up location to access roof racks, etc is really useful. I don’t see a downside to getting them.

2 Likes

I have those exact sliders. Love them. I recommend the kickouts.

Peace.

1 Like

Get the kick outs. No one ever wishes they didn’t get them. More protection, plus larger foot placement area for doing anything atop your truck.

2 Likes

Kickouts saved the entire rear quarter panel of my previous 3rd Gen 4Runner in a not so good situation. Highly recommend them.

2 Likes

Better to have them and not need them. With 25 degrees you won’t even notice them.

1 Like

Agreed. A kickout helped keep me clear of a boulder as the opposite wheel slid off a rock in that direction. The other reasons mentioned also hold true, in my experience.

1 Like

I like the kick outs and have used them. Work great to push me away from the rock!.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. Finally got my sliders delivered and installed.

1 Like