[SOLD] FS: 2022 Tacoma Lunar DCSB with V2 camper

I’m selling my beloved taco build.

I’m selling it because I just moved to Austin, TX (questionable life decision, I know) and don’t have any way to use this rig given the weather and the lack of public land to use it on without driving through half of TX. I had the time of my life over the last few months living in and working out of this camper. Someday soon I’ll come back to this lifestyle, but I have huge ambitions for next time around and I need to focus on other things for a couple years to prep for the switch. Whether a GFC will be part of that, who knows? For now, all I know is that I can’t use the truck for its intended purpose, and (for me) it is only a liability in a big city.

Here’s the overview:

• 2022 DCSB tacoma, Lunar Rock. Purchased October 2022. Currently has 21,000ish miles on it (can confirm later) I have full documentation of every oil change and trip to the mechanic so far. Oil changes have happened at every 5k service, not 10k (just in case, I know they say 10k is fine but it is my baby)
  • V2 Go Fast Camper, built and installed May 2023
  • 300W of solar panels, glued (in a couple strategic spots) with sikaflex and designed to be removed
  • Starlink mount for rectangular dish on roof plus starlink HW
  • Standard BamBed (plywood deck that fits over wheel wells) modified for my bed stiffeners (which I installed after the BamBed)
  • Currently running KO2s same as stock size
  • ICON add-a-leaf added within 1 month of camper installation to stiffen up rear suspension
  • Total Chaos bed stiffener added within 1 month of camper installation
  • I’ve been very careful about not exceeding GVW, and I don’t think I’ve ever been over by more than 200lbs in short spurts. I have several weigh-in receipts if you’re interested
  • I installed the OEM tailgate lock kit before the camper went on
  • Added always-available camera option with extra camera under the Toyota emblem in the front
  • LED light strips added all throughout the camper
  • Drip rails on the front corners of the GFC

Extras that I’d like to include with the main sale but are optional

• 1up Super Duty single bike rack (best bike rack ever!!!)
  • 100Ah 12V Renogy self-heating battery system, including 30A alternator and solar charger. Renogy M1 control panel is mounted in the camper currently, and I have a bunch of other bits to complete the system
  • Propex under-floor heater
  • Viking 11lb composite propane tank
  • ARB dual compressor (wired into the bed area)

Damage and modifications

• I’m currently working to fix a dent in the bumper and some damage to the paint of the doors that I incurred in a sticky situation on a forest service road 2 months ago. The damage happened because I got stuck solo between two tree stumps and couldn’t get out, and I was too stupid to bring a saw. I’ll see to it that all damage to the bumper and door panels from this incident is fixed before sale happens. If you want it sooner, I can let you take care of the repairs. Current estimates from body shops are all coming back at around $4-5k and I can provide more details if you’d like.
  • Back seats have been removed. I was planning on a goose gear delete, but that never happened. The back seats are in storage in Utah. Based on your preference, I can re-install them or throw them in the bed.
  • Unplugged and removed rear-view mirror, also in storage in Utah
  • GFC side panels have some discoloration from DEET. Replacement panels are one option ($650-$750 each when I asked), or the better option is probably to wrap them (I was thinking about lunar rock color for the panels)
  • There’s several holes in the front of the bed for heater exhaust, and the exhaust tubes are still present (heater has been removed)
  • I cut into the built-in inverter wiring harness (under center console) and made it to use the house battery instead of the starter battery so I could power starlink without adding another inverter. That system needs some re-wiring but I’m happy to provide documentation what I did.
  • Attempted to seal bed corners, still need work and there’s some spray foam showing in the gaps

Price: flexible - I’m at and open to offers and I’ll be open with where I’m at:

• I have a 5-year loan on the truck from Toyota Financial Services with the tune of $43,000 balance left. KBB value with this many miles on private party in Utah is $38-$40k.
  • The GFC was $9k with specified options
  • All the other parts add up between $5k and $15k - it’s hard to say exactly. I can itemize in a spreadsheet if absolutely required, but you can figure it out.

Truck plus camper is yours for the payoff value of the loan - $43,000. Accessories are separate.

Timeline: I need to get the cosmetic damage repaired and drive it to Utah, so it will probably be ready at the end of September (2023 just in case, nowadays you have to specify).

Location: The truck is in TX. The title is in UT. The back seat parts are in UT. I would very much prefer for it to be picked up in UT, near Park City. I am very flexible with schedule and can drive it up any time.

PM me if you’re interested.

(no, you can’t have my bike :imp:)

What would you be willing to sell the GFC for?

Sorry, this is a package deal. If I don’t get any bites in a month or so, I’ll reconsider

1 Like

Bump with price drop. Truck plus camper for $43k (payoff value of truck loan) - I’m trying to get this unloaded quickly.

Interested, Probably a bit early but I’ll be in Colorado September 9th -17th. Any chance we can discuss over the phone?
Thanks,
Tony.
I can pm my contact info.

It’s looking like we will be in Colorado longer than originally planned. Let me know.

SOLD, to myself haha. I went on a vacation to Chamonix for a week, came back and decided I want to keep this rig and build it out more, with a slightly different intended use. Amazing what a week in the mountains can do for your outlook on life.

1 Like

Haha welcome back!