Southern California GFC Owners

Hello All,
Currently have a stock 2013 Tacoma 4x4 with short bed. Just put the deposit and hopefully getting installed in Feb 22. Reading everything here trying to figure out what all truck upgrades are needed to have a good reliable system.
I would definitely like to check out a couple of installed units ahead of time. Based in South San Diego area and would be happy to drive to share some ideas if anyone is open to it.

I will be posting a list in a more appropriate forum of truck upgrades it seems i need.

Cheers,
Sam

1 Like

Socal here near LAX, anyone know someone who can stich really good by hand? Ripped my tent already because im dumb.

1 Like

How did you do that? Have you tried an upholstery shop? I know some seamstresses in the film industry that could help with that. I’m in la too

Pulled on the tab I wasnt supposed to :sob:

Ordered this already with some #4 needles…
https://www.sailrite.com/Speedy-Stitcher-Sewing-Awl-Kit

2 Likes

Dang, didn’t consider that, thanks for the heads up. Don’t pull on black loops, copy that

Yup I didnt either and was also considering of putting a pull rope there to help but this happened. Yeah maybe I might need all the opinions and help I can get.

Hello All,
I need inside dimensions for a V2 Camper that fits a Tacoma DCSB. I would be happy to come to you and do the measurements i just need someone that has a camper, mine is due End Feb '22. Trying to build out my bed / under camper area.

I am in Chula Vista area but can drive anywhere in SD on weekend.

Thanks for your help,
Sam

1 Like

Located in OC. Would love to get a meet up or trip going with some of you guys!

3 Likes

Hey there!

I’m up in Encinitas and would be more than happy to show you my unit in person, Just let me know! I too have a stock 4x4 short bed at the moment. I think the next upgrade for me will be new leaf springs.

Best,
Evan

3 Likes

I’m also in the South San Diego area, I picked up my unit in September, Unit #1652. Made an amazing trip out of the drive from SD to Montana. I own a 2014 Tundra, you could check out the unit in person if you’d like. Just message me on here and we can set a meet.

Respectfully,
Ernest

1 Like

I’m in San Diego and would love to meet up with other owners to share ideas, tips/tricks, etc.

What date in February? My install date is Feb 11.

Install actually Mar 1, but looking to take the slow road up so will leave a few days early.

Hi there!

@Semi and I will be meeting up in Encinitas this Saturday the 30th at 1pm if you (or anyone else) are interested in joining. We will be meeting at the pin location below (a parking lot near the Encinitas train station).

Best,
Evan

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/syXEhtZPH4ATBfs37

2 Likes

Hey guys! Going camping this weekend (Friday/ Saturday) if any of you are interested

1 Like

Dang wish I would have seen this back when you posted. I’m only 10-15 min from there. Next time.

Hi there!
If you ever want to come check mine out at this location just let me know! I’m more than happy to show it to those who are interested!

Anyone in Orange County (I’m in Irvine) able to meet up so I can see a GFC in person? I just placed my deposit on a platform camper, but would love to see one in person! Could meet at Irvine spectrum if that’s a good area close to the freeway.

anyone from socal going up this next week to get theirs?

I’d be happy to show you my set up. I’m in trabuco canyon.