Superlite Zippers

Took our Superlite out on its first trip of the year. Noticed some of the zippers had some corrosion on them causing them to be hard to open or stuck. Anyone had a similar zipper issue on their Superlite? If so, what was your resolution?

Going to try and free up the zippers I wasn’t able to free up while camping. Also a good time to check all of the zippers! Just thought I would see if anyone else experienced similar issues and what their resolution was.

Don’t know if any Superlite owners were tracking this; nonetheless, here is an update.

• Used a toothbrush, syringe filled with dish soap, and some needle nose pliers and got all of the zippers freed up.

• Only one casualty. Broke one pull tab off of one of the slider body. Luckily it was one on the outside of the tent for one of the screens and closest to the front of the tent.

• Put some zipper lube on them to hopefully prevent any issues going forward. Not sure how much this will help as it is the metal of the slider bodies that is corroding.

• I did reach out to GFC. No significant help or support there. They just suggested getting replacement zippers. I may not have liked that, but I do understand as these are no longer made (obsolete) and they were made in China, not by GFC.

• My Superlite shipped to me in October, 2021. It cost me $1,848.00 (tent, ladder, mattress, shipping). It has been used on less than 12 adventures and slept in less than 30 nights. Overall I like my Superlite, but all things considered, I don’t think it has been a good value. :frowning_face:

Time will tell if my solution will hold up and work in the long term or if zipper problems will plague me going forward. I may post back here with some future updates.

P.S. If you are looking at a used Superlite, check the zippers!