Tacoma access cab owners: measurement help

Can someone with a Tacoma access cab and a v2 camper help me out with these measurements? Top windshield edge → camper front. Rear of cab → camper front. Trying to figure out where to cut my cab rack for upcoming gfc install. Thanks

1 Like

I would really recommend waiting to install and cut your rack until you already have the GFC.
We are running a cut down prinsu rack on our truck and having done it all after install of the GFC would have been so much easier and also will spare you the mistake of potentially missing the measurements.

1 Like

@DirtTrailsWanted Hmm I’ll take your word for it. It’s already installed so I guess I should take it off. Accessing the rear most bolts on the rack isn’t a pain with the camper on?

I think that a good call. Seems like they won’t install one as well if you have a rack currently on the truck. At least that’s what I read on their site at some point.
The rear most bolts on ours were tight but certainly not overly challenging to install with that camper on. Ratcheting box wrenches made it easy to tighten them back down.

1 Like

I can get you measurements if needed. I sold my Prinsu instead of cutting it.

1 Like

That would be still great if you could! Thanks

1 Like

Part overhanging the back of the cab is 22"

Windshield to that same part is 31"

+/- 1/4"

2 Likes

@fatfurious2 Thank you!

1 Like

Heads up I left a rack on during install and had to relinquish some of my warranty rights because of it, I had misjudged the gap betwen camper and rack and it was too close. Had to remove before driving home to avoid damage (they wouldnt let me do it at the shop). So another vote here for just doing it after install.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. I’m removing it tonight and installing camper tomorrow. I found a used V2 so not installing at gfc.