Tent Details

Just picked up my camper on December 11th 2022. I noticed that the tent zippers don’t completely close the fabric and seal the tent completely. They simply zip down to the base of the camper. The fabric is completely open along the bottom of the windows/doors.

Is this how the tent is designed?

Yes. (20 characters)

1 Like

I personally think it’s a design flaw but yes, that’s how they’re supposed to be

3 Likes

I ordered a strip of Velcro with fabric adhesive to put on the bottom part. Haven’t installed yet, but hoping that will work to keep the bottom part closed for the winter.

2 Likes

It will work amazing. I sewed a strip of Velcro onto the passenger side flap door and it’s soooo much better. I haven’t gotten around to doing the other two flaps and it bugs to ever loving poo out of me.

2 Likes

That is the design. You may get used to it if not camping in very windy (or cold) weather. The velcro idea seems like a nice fix to seal the bottom. A user on here also added secondary zippers so the outer flaps can be opened from the top (more ventilation) and to keep the lower portion zipped shut.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback. Why would a tent maker for this application intentionally design a tent not to close completely.

Ventilation?

1 Like