Tent screen mesh fan idea

I found this cool tent fan that attaches to the mesh via a magnetic mounting base. Once the base is attached to the mesh you can clip on the fan for pulling air out or in.

With a few modifications, I think this could be an excellent product for the RTT world… A larger fan, 12 v power, etc

What do you y’all think?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WeGuard-5V-DC-Mobile-Cooling-Fan-for-Pet-Double-Magnet-Frames-for-Mesh-Netting-RV-screen-Door-Window-Screen-Camping-Tent-Small/840036128?fbclid=IwAR2weCFpriIKvmyARhI0FQ91jBGPtuUTeXMsd0W8t1ByWV6O0GPpRAuWFcY

3 Likes

Agreed. Neat concept with potential.

Been thinking a lot about ideas for cooling in the summer. Ended up just buying a Milwaukee portable job site fan.

Also explored the Icy Breeze - worth checking out I think, but I just decided ice was a pain in the ass enough for just one cooler let alone two so I passed.

I think this is a great conceptual idea. So… I copied it. Mine remains untested in the wild, but it clips securely onto the mesh screen of the tent. Bought the magnets at home depot and used crap that I had laying around the garage for the rest. I spent less than $10 on the magnets. I forget what I paid for the usb fan, but I don’t have much into the project. Thanks for this post! I’d been thinking of a good way to utilize the fan, but didn’t come up with this. I think it’ll be perfect.

Peace.

3 Likes

Awesome! Let us know how it works.

I would love to see someone with 3D printing and electrical skills to design one (or 2, one for push and one for pull) for the GFC. I’m sure they would sell like crazy!

Like I said, mine is untested, but it can be flipped to pull air in or push air out without messing with the magnets. The magnets are strong, but I hope they are strong enough to be secure though. I’ll report back. Camping in the Gila this weekend. I’ll give it a whirl.

Peace.

1 Like

So my fan worked out well. The magnets are strong and held the fan in place clipped to the mesh door just fine.

Peace.

2 Likes

Nice! Curious what it looks like setup in the tent. Can ya post a pic when you have time? Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah. I thought I took a picture while camping. When I got home, I couldn’t find it. Not sure if I deleted or had some other malfunction. I’ll post one when I can. Stay tuned…

Peace.

1 Like

I bought this one. It’s rechargeable and lasts all night. I just clipped it on the cloth loop at the top of the side doors that are used for rolling up the door tent material. I flipped it around and had it blow air against the door as I didn’t need it for cooling, just wanted the ambient noise. When it warms up I’ll face it the other way and have it blow air into the tent area.

OPOLAR 10000mAh 8-Inch… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4GLJZD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like

Got these pics today of my jerry-rigged fan.